The Student Room Group

Can’t pass course without work experience?

Hey, one of my teachers at college is saying that if we don’t complete work experience then they won’t let us pass. I did work experience back in year 10.

Anyways, can they actually fail us just for not doing work experience (it seems a bit ridiculous that we could be doing amazing in our subjects and lose all chances of going to uni simply because we didnt do work experience). We’re in our final year now with just roughly 3-4 months to go. We’ve already signed up to universities and I’ve gotten offers back on all of them. But from what they’re saying all of it can be lost by not doing work experience (everuone else in my class did theirs because I was busy with a uni interview on the day, and now work experience slots have pretty much ran out). Please help
Original post by Student8873
Hey, one of my teachers at college is saying that if we don’t complete work experience then they won’t let us pass. I did work experience back in year 10.

Anyways, can they actually fail us just for not doing work experience (it seems a bit ridiculous that we could be doing amazing in our subjects and lose all chances of going to uni simply because we didnt do work experience). We’re in our final year now with just roughly 3-4 months to go. We’ve already signed up to universities and I’ve gotten offers back on all of them. But from what they’re saying all of it can be lost by not doing work experience (everuone else in my class did theirs because I was busy with a uni interview on the day, and now work experience slots have pretty much ran out). Please help

You should clarify with the teachers the full requirements and see if what you did was enough. But it sounds really weird and they should have told you about this ages ago if it was a course requirement. What course are you doing?
My friend arrived at Leeds university for a double degree "xxxxxxxx and business studies" and was told in the first week of college, so in the first year you'll mostly focus on "xxxxxxxx", so for your Business Studies part of the degree we just require you to get a real job, earn money, during your summer holiday - otherwise you will fail the course.

This was a bit of a shock, but after some mild panic he registered with a recruitment agency, went for interviews, training and worked most of the summer!

he enjoyed the cash and so far is passing both xxxxxxxx and Business.

For you at school and your work experience, your teachers "might" be joking - but I have seen students quizzed on their work experience, like/love/loathe??? as part of their PS and University interviews. It's certainly a plus to have done it.
Hi, can you tell me what happened as my son college is saying the same thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending