The Student Room Group

Is 4 years at college too long ?

Hello all!

I am on my 3rd year of college currently after moving up from the Level 1 course of IT on my first year to Level 2 on my 2nd now I am on T-Levels for my 3rd, the only thing is that T-Levels is a two year course and I am not sure I should be at college at the age of 19.

A lot of people I know have started university this year, which just makes me kind of depressed because I know I am so far behind than them.

My level 2 teacher said that I should be on Level 3 last year because I am very proficient in my course, but it never happened.

Any advice will help me thank you. ^_^
Original post by ajonthemoon
Hello all!

I am on my 3rd year of college currently after moving up from the Level 1 course of IT on my first year to Level 2 on my 2nd now I am on T-Levels for my 3rd, the only thing is that T-Levels is a two year course and I am not sure I should be at college at the age of 19.

A lot of people I know have started university this year, which just makes me kind of depressed because I know I am so far behind than them.

My level 2 teacher said that I should be on Level 3 last year because I am very proficient in my course, but it never happened.

Any advice will help me thank you. ^_^

Firstly if you are suffering from depression or low self-esteem then I'd highly recommend you contact the Psychological services (google them) and contact your GP who can sign post you to the right people. Honestly it's important to get help now than later.

There's no point thinking about what people your age are doing instead learn from their achievements and mistakes. See what happens when they graduate, do they get their graduate job or is it a non-graduate job. It's not a perfect life for some during or after University you know that right?

You can got to University at any age, remember that. Some who wait and pass their education at college stage end up being in good degrees when they start University later..I just feel University can be so pushed when your at college for two years that you make some rush decision with the choice..

There is no point thinking you shouldn't be at college because you are. End. Think about what are your plans after you finish is it do an get a job, apprenticeship, degree apprenticeship (highly recommend if you can apply) or University.

If you are not already then apply for as many part time jobs as you can like in retail so you get some work experience and build confidence.

Be proactive with your studies, if the tutor has told you should be on a different level and your not then query it asap.
Yes of course it is, college is 2 years
It is a bit odd to be at college at 19 as well why don't you quit and just get a job or something. Don't you feel weird being older than everyone?
2 years on from this post. Im wondering what your doing now bro and if your much happier?
Thank you for sharing!
Reply 6
The age-old question: is four years of college too long or just right? I mean, studying is a marathon, not a sprint. I have struggled with both the pressure of academics and the passing of time. Concerning difficulties, Edubirdie's "The Great Gatsby" examples (https://edubirdie.com/examples/the-great-gatsby/) have served as my literary guide. It's a double difficulty to navigate between great literature and the demands of time. What say you? What are your opinions on the dispute about the length of college courses or the books you've read? Let's talk about our experiences in school and perhaps exchange advice on how to get the most of those four years!
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending