The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

HELP

Please which is a better school for Nursing especially for international student; university of Huddersfield or university of Hertfordshire. I really like Huddersfield but Hertfordshire is looking good online and I heard
Hertfordshire have rats in their accommodations...
Original post by Vidiatt
Please which is a better school for Nursing especially for international student; university of Huddersfield or university of Hertfordshire. I really like Huddersfield but Hertfordshire is looking good online and I heard

Hi @Vidiatt

How are you?

I've not been to the University of Hertfordshire myself, however we do have a lot of international students here at the University of Huddersfield.
In fact a few of our international students have written blogs about why they chose to study with us. I'll link them here in case you'd like to have a read:
http://blogs.hud.ac.uk/students/which-university/what-made-me-pick-huddersfield/
http://blogs.hud.ac.uk/students/student-life/why-i-chose-huddersfield/

I hope this helps.
If you do have any questions, please feel free to ask, or if you'd prefer to you can email us on: [email protected] :smile:

Speak soon,
Harriette
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by Vidiatt

Hi @Vidiatt,

Really sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

It's lovely to see you're interested in studying Nursing with us. Do you know what type of Nursing you'd like to study? We offer adult, child, learning disability and mental health nursing.

All our Nursing courses are taught on our College Lane campus, which is the bigger of our two campuses. We have accommodation on both campuses and lots of different types depending on your needs. There's loads of info about our accommodation on the website here: https://www.herts.ac.uk/life/student-accommodation

On campus we also have a restaurant, cafe, library, nightclub, pub, pharmacy and bank! So everything you'll need is on your doorstep!

We have excellent Nursing facilities including simulation suites, you can have a look around them here.

You will be taught though a mixture of classroom-based learning and practical placements (usually 50/50) to make sure you're fully prepared for work upon graduation.

If you have any questions about the course or uni, just let us know.

Thanks,
Heather
Reply 3
I've picked university of Huddersfield but I'm also reading that Huddersfield is not safe especially for international students and the library staff are condescending to international students. That is kinda scary at this moment. Please how true is this?
Original post by University of Huddersfield
Hi @Vidiatt

How are you?

I've not been to the University of Hertfordshire myself, however we do have a lot of international students here at the University of Huddersfield.
In fact a few of our international students have written blogs about why they chose to study with us. I'll link them here in case you'd like to have a read:
http://blogs.hud.ac.uk/students/which-university/what-made-me-pick-huddersfield/
http://blogs.hud.ac.uk/students/student-life/why-i-chose-huddersfield/

I hope this helps.
If you do have any questions, please feel free to ask, or if you'd prefer to you can email us on: [email protected] :smile:

Speak soon,
Harriette
Original post by Vidiatt
I've picked university of Huddersfield but I'm also reading that Huddersfield is not safe especially for international students and the library staff are condescending to international students. That is kinda scary at this moment. Please how true is this?

Hi @Vidiatt

I've spoken to one of our international students, Neha. And this is what she's said about Huddersfield:

'Hi,

I am Neha, an international student from India, am presently pursuing my masters in education at Huddersfield. Just came across your concern of being worried about the safety in Huddersfield..

Just relax is all I want to say, to the best of my knowledge such incidents do not occur in the university.. I sit in the library over night for my research work and spend maximum of my time at library and have always had a safe and sound atmosphere.. The university is a house to many international students and is growing rapidly every year. The university definitely takes strict action if any untoward incidents occur..

I find Huddersfield as the best place to live study and grow... It's very calm and peaceful.. I don't think you need to be worried about anything.. You will get a lot of friends in no time.. it's just the matter of you taking the step boldly to study at Huddersfield...

You will not regret the decision of studying at Huddersfield.
You got to see it to believe it..
Rumors needn't stop you..

Wishing to see u at Huddersfield soon..
Good luck'

I really hope this helps you. :smile:
But if you have any more questions, please just let me know.

Speak soon,
Harriette
Reply 5
Hi Vidatt, which uni did you finally go to and how is your experience there?
Reply 6
Original post by Vidiatt

Hi Vidatt which uni did you finally opt for and how's your experience there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending