The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
No it won't. The question said the double helix rotates every 10 base pairs. Therefore since base pairs are horizontal to each other, the DNA strand turns every 10 bases in the vertical direction. Therefore the fact that there are 10 base pairs has no overall effect in the vertical direction.
Original post by Gnuyheatmik
Yes it did because the overall DNA strand length will be shorter
Oh yeah sorry my bad
I put the same amount of oxygen for respiration for each one...
Original post by jake.ts
I put so it wouldn't evaporate so IAA conc the same in each dish
You have to remember the question said 64 were grey body and grey body could have either been GG (Homozygous dominant) or Gg (hetrozygous) so you minus 64 from 100 to get 36 which is your recessive frequency , and square root that and worth out the frequency and get o.48 which is 48 percent
I put that too, as different oxygen may effect how much they can respire and therefore would affect growth
Original post by ruutainaa
I put the same amount of oxygen for respiration for each one...
Reply 65
i wrote about transects and quadrats for the 5 marker would i get 0?
Aren’t they in the same room though anyway so the conc of o2 would just be the same regardless idk
Original post by mcsqaured
I put that too, as different oxygen may effect how much they can respire and therefore would affect growth
I got 3.24 too as kilobases is 1000 bases
Original post by 1Secord
I also got 0.608 for my Rf value. I also got 177 something similar for the kJ for the energy question about the zebras.

I think I got 3.24 micro
metres for the dna bases. I can’t really remember this question but I think they told you it was 9.513 kilobases long ( I can’t remember if it was 9.531 or 9.513 ) so I multiplied by 1000 to get 9531 or 9513 whichever. Then divided by ten because 10 base pairs were equivalent to a set measurement ( cannot remember exactly ) then I multiplied my answer by the set measurement.
Reply 68
That's what I thought
Original post by Jademorgan1
Aren’t they in the same room though anyway so the conc of o2 would just be the same regardless idk
Reply 69
No, quadrats is the correct answer! Transects, however, is not. So depends how much you talked about quadrats.
Original post by laca123
i wrote about transects and quadrats for the 5 marker would i get 0?
I put volunteer 3
Original post by macycarr21
the electrophoresis question, which volunteers did people get for the last question?
I had no clue what the hell that was about I just said 2 and 5
the electrophoresis question, which volunteers did people get for the last question?
lool mood for the whole paper
Original post by The Anarchist7
I had no clue what the hell that was about I just said 2 and 5
Original post by Jamil1
Could be right I was thinking that too but then before the DNA winds into a helix the bases arent paired so I was thinking they may be talking about if the bases were placed side by side the actual length of the whole dna since theres 2 strands, and the first bit mentioned kilobases which is each singular bases and the DNA consists of double strands so maybe might have wanted you to notice it otherwise I doubt they wouldve said 10 base pairs instead of just 10 bases but who knows

Pretty sure the question said 9.5 killobases LONG. If it said just 9.5 killobases then ur right . I can’t remember exaclty but I’m pretty sure it was long tho
Did anyone put 2:1:1 ???
I put 5 and 3...
Reply 76
Oh god I think I misinterpreted this because I put about the lid being for darkness so the IAA would remain evenly distributed instead of going to the shaded areas only (so the elongations a straight line so easier to see change)
Original post by Jademorgan1
What was the reason for the lid on the Petri dish? I put so Iaa doesn’t evaporate and contaminate the other dishes/ would alter its concerntration therefore conc not controlled but wasn’t sure
Reply 77
I put 5 and 2 but I was torn between 2 or 3
Original post by nievecooper40
I put 5 and 3...
Reply 78
I said make into a grid then use random number generator for co-ordinates then place quadrats at these points then measure percentage cover and scale up

Submit reply
Original post by jake.ts
No, quadrats is the correct answer! Transects, however, is not. So depends how much you talked about quadrats.
Don’t worry about it mine isn’t necessarily right haha and it was only two marks!!
Original post by Ems000
Oh god I think I misinterpreted this because I put about the lid being for darkness so the IAA would remain evenly distributed instead of going to the shaded areas only (so the elongations a straight line so easier to see change)

Latest

Trending

Trending