The Student Room Group

Idlib’s humanitarian disaster

“One million children are currently trapped in Idlib province, facing airstrikes and horrifying barrel bombs. Over 350 civilians have been killed in the last six weeks alone”

Destroying hospitals is a WAR CRIME

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/syria-hospital-bombings-idlib-un-doctors-russia-assad-attack-a8942076.html

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/06/civilians-dozens-fighters-killed-syria-idlib-190615185507790.html
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

what type of sectarian terrorist apologia is this

the hospitals propaganda line again, I lost count of how many times the Syrian government allegedly destroyed all the hospitals in Aleppo!

Idlib is the last bastion of Sunni terrorists in Syria and the Syrian Government along with Russia will help liberate the occupied territory from their foreign terrorist jihadist Sunni invaders.
Original post by Palmyra
what type of sectarian terrorist apologia is this

the hospitals propaganda line again, I lost count of how many times the Syrian government allegedly destroyed all the hospitals in Aleppo!

Idlib is the last bastion of Sunni terrorists in Syria and the Syrian Government along with Russia will help liberate the occupied territory from their foreign terrorist jihadist Sunni invaders.

Im glad you mentioned this, this is exactly what I didn't want. People focusing on 'who-did-what' instead of the fact that innocent human lives are being destroyed. I've taken that bit out of the original post, the only side I am on is side of Syrian children who are paying a horrific price for the work of jihadists
Original post by Wooord
Im glad you mentioned this, this is exactly what I didn't want. People focusing on 'who-did-what' instead of the fact that innocent human lives are being destroyed. I've taken that bit out of the original post, the only side I am on is side of Syrian children who are paying a horrific price for the work of jihadists

Why are they 'trapped'? Because the occupying Sunni jihadist groups are refusing to let them leave to use them as human shields to prevent the Syrian Government from removing terrorists from their territory.
are you Syrian?
Original post by Palmyra
Why are they 'trapped'? Because the occupying Sunni jihadist groups are refusing to let them leave to use them as human shields to prevent the Syrian Government from removing terrorists from their territory.

exactly, they are trapped
Original post by Blackpanther93
are you Syrian?

Im sure you already knew that I am
Original post by Wooord
Im sure you already knew that I am

You're Syrian???

Original post by Palmyra
You're Syrian???

Well, half Syrian
Im like 100% sure half of those 4 million views are from my baba
Original post by Wooord
Well, half Syrian
Im like 100% sure half of those 4 million views are from my baba

send my love to your patriotic and smart baba <3
Original post by Palmyra
send my love to your patriotic and smart baba <3

are you Syrian too??
Reply 11
Original post by Wooord
One million children are currently trapped in Idlib province, facing airstrikes and horrifying barrel bombs. Over 350 civilians have been killed in the last six weeks alone

Firstly, barrel bombs come under the bracket of air strikes so i'm not sure why you classed them as separate things?
Second, Idlib is also fit to bursting with every terror group in Syria. Would you rather they be allowed to spread out again or would you rather see them rubbed out?

Destroying hospitals is a WAR CRIME

So is letting of suicide bombs in civilian areas, shelling/mortaring cities, using civilians as human shields and so on. Yet the large number of terrorists in Idlib all do this. Plus theyve also attacked hospitals (not to mention positioned their weapons in or around them)

Lastly, and i cant stress this point enough, this is war. Everyone commits war crimes (whether we like it or not)
Original post by Napp
So is letting of suicide bombs in civilian areas, shelling/mortaring cities, using civilians as human shields and so on. Yet the large number of terrorists in Idlib all do this. Plus theyve also attacked hospitals (not to mention positioned their weapons in or around them)

Lastly, and i cant stress this point enough, this is war. Everyone commits war crimes (whether we like it or not)

I don’t know if you expected me to disagree with you? The whole reason for what is going on in Syria is because of the terrorists, terrorists clearly do not care about law or war crime or literally anyone. The point of this post was to highlight that its not just terrorists Vs leaders, innocent civilians are caught up in the crossfire (like in every war, but this still doesn’t make it okay) hence the “humanitarian” in the title, I don’t class terrorists as a part of ‘humanity’.
Also, i got the “airstrikes and barrel bombs” from a website I should probably put it in quotations
Reply 13
Original post by Wooord
I don’t know if you expected me to disagree with you? The whole reason for what is going on in Syria is because of the terrorists, terrorists clearly do not care about law or war crime or literally anyone. The point of this post was to highlight that its not just terrorists Vs leaders, innocent civilians are caught up in the crossfire (like in every war, but this still doesn’t make it okay) hence the “humanitarian” in the title, I don’t class terrorists as a part of ‘humanity’.
Also, i got the “airstrikes and barrel bombs” from a website I should probably put it in quotations

I wasnt entirely sure to be frank.
Yes and no. Technically its due to the 'rebels' but depending on whose definition of terrorist you want to use it counts more or less everyone.
Ah fair enough, i think i misunderstood the thrust of your original post then.
Okay fair play. I do find it odd how certain news organisations like to focus on the use of barrel bombs though. They're nothing but crude versions of what every airforce in the world likes to drop on people. There is little difference between a Paveway and a barrel bomb bar cost and accuracy to be honest.
Original post by Napp

What the difference between terrorists killing civilians and anyone else killing civilians? I don’t understand why people think what ever is being done to civilians right now is justified because terrorists are using them as human shields? What’s the difference their lives are ruined either way. It’s either “be used as a human shield and die, or die”
Reply 15
What the difference between terrorists killing civilians and anyone else killing civilians? I don’t understand why people think what ever is being done to civilians right now is justified because terrorists are using them as human shields? What’s the difference their lives are ruined either way. It’s either “be used as a human shield and die, or die”

I might be misunderstanding your point here but are you trying to compare some old ****** shooting a random person to someone (as is usual these days) letting off a truck bomb?
At any rate, to take your question literally a terrorist has a political agenda - in this instance a decidedly perverse one - a random killing whilst sad and all that is rather different.
if it wasn't for Russia and Iran's assistance syria would be a better place already probably, but it will still be a better place in the future without a doubt

What does "terrorists are using them as human shields" mean?

These "terrorists" control territory with over a million civilians living there. The regime are purposely targeting civilian areas where no combat is occurring.

What the regime is doing is terrorism.
Original post by Napp
I might be misunderstanding your point here but are you trying to compare some old ****** shooting a random person to someone (as is usual these days) letting off a truck bomb?
At any rate, to take your question literally a terrorist has a political agenda - in this instance a decidedly perverse one - a random killing whilst sad and all that is rather different.

You have no idea what you're on about.

The regime obviously have a political agenda when they're purposely attack civilian infrastructure to destroy the morale of the rebels / those living under them.

Targeting civilians in a residential area far away from the front lines is terrorism, whether by an aircraft or truck bomb.
Original post by Wooord

Why put it in quotations when there's video footage of it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending