The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Does UCL consider mixed qualifications?

I currently do A level Politics and Geography, and BTEC Extended Certificate in Business and I'm expected D*BB. I'm looking to apply for Global Humanitarian Studies which is ABB. So far I've heard mixed feelings on applying with extended certificate to UCL, would I be considered for the course?
They don’t accept them, I took a year out to take an additional alevel just so i could go there cause they didn’t take my btec
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
They don’t accept them, I took a year out to take an additional alevel just so i could go there cause they didn’t take my btec

Was it for the same course? I've seen examples of people being both accepted and rejected as they applied for other courses but don't know anyone who has applied for this course with an extended certificate
Original post by treezny
Was it for the same course? I've seen examples of people being both accepted and rejected as they applied for other courses but don't know anyone who has applied for this course with an extended certificate

it was for population health sciences, a similar course with same entry requirements. they take btecs for a very small amount of courses. for exam crime and security degree allows the criminology btec but only because it’s so specific. they will not take your btec, especially in place of the ‘A’ that they want. If u had done btec diploma in business they would. but they had mixed qualifications

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending