The Student Room Group

Failing a resit and getting over 30+

Hi, just a quick question if anyone can help out, I failed an assignment and I’m having to do a resit as I only got 28% first time and I was wondering if i was to fail again but got 38% would this be condoned as I’m in first year or do they only condone on first try rather than the resit if anyone understands this question or has had the same issue, thanks:smile:
Different universities will have different rules so it's hard to say.

I work at a university where the pattern is - first attempt > compensation rules applied > second attempt > compensation rules applied (where 'compensation' is the same thing as 'condoned' at your university) - but that doesn't mean that will apply for your university.

It should say in your handbook, or the university's academic regulations to do with progression.
Reply 2
Original post by toy&halo
Different universities will have different rules so it's hard to say.

I work at a university where the pattern is - first attempt > compensation rules applied > second attempt > compensation rules applied (where 'compensation' is the same thing as 'condoned' at your university) - but that doesn't mean that will apply for your university.

It should say in your handbook, or the university's academic regulations to do with progression.

Thanks for your help that’s the answer I was looking for,
I attend Northumbria university, the information in my handbook says that assignments over 30% given that credits are 20 or below can be compensated/condened the dark water was just around whether that was applicable for resists or not but thanks your answer seems right although I’ll double check to make sure.
So what happened to you I'm in similar situation currently first year student at northumbria

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending