The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Carrying resit unit into the next year...erm like how?

erm so yeah, i failed one unit in semester 2 (yikes) and i have actually done well in the rest of the units. but like since im an international student and have some personal stuff to deal with, i cant physically be in the uk for resits.

then i've heard that there can be a mitigation circumstance solution to this (for which i am applying and really hoping they will approve and not expel me for missing one resit, sadge), is to carry the unit and resit it in the next year.

anyone carried a unit to the next year knows like when will the time usually be? will it be in the usual exam times, like for sem 2 then that would be may to june, or the resit period (i.e. august)?

big thanks
Reply 1
You need to speak to someone in your School about this. It's unlikely they withdraw you, especially if you egt some mitigation in. MitCircs will be opening soon for resit considerations, so I'd find out when this is and get them in ASAP. Speak to someone in the School about realistic options.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Anonymous
erm so yeah, i failed one unit in semester 2 (yikes) and i have actually done well in the rest of the units. but like since im an international student and have some personal stuff to deal with, i cant physically be in the uk for resits.

then i've heard that there can be a mitigation circumstance solution to this (for which i am applying and really hoping they will approve and not expel me for missing one resit, sadge), is to carry the unit and resit it in the next year.

anyone carried a unit to the next year knows like when will the time usually be? will it be in the usual exam times, like for sem 2 then that would be may to june, or the resit period (i.e. august)?

big thanks

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I failed one unit in semester 2 and am currently in Canada during the resits. I've asked my school though and they said if I applied for mitigation I would be allowed to carry my failed units into year 3 and repeat the whole module or even swap it for another module at the same level. Just be aware you only resit the module to pass it and you will be capped at 30 and if you fail you will not get an honours degree
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I failed one unit in semester 2 and am currently in Canada during the resits. I've asked my school though and they said if I applied for mitigation I would be allowed to carry my failed units into year 3 and repeat the whole module or even swap it for another module at the same level. Just be aware you only resit the module to pass it and you will be capped at 30 and if you fail you will not get an honours degree

If your mitigation is accepted then any resit won't be capped. Similarly, if the mitigation is serious enough that they allow a switch in course units, then that also will not be capped (you can't swap failed course units without mitigation, for obvious reasons). Capped resit is for failure simpliciter, not failure owing to accepted mitigating factors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending