The Student Room Group

Level 3 course fees

Is there any help from the Uk government in regards to studying a Level 3 qualification for the first time for 19 to 21/23 years old?

I had applied for level 2 and was only charged like 20% of the full course fee, because it was my first level 2 qualification, I was 20 years old.
Original post by a198
Is there any help from the Uk government in regards to studying a Level 3 qualification for the first time for 19 to 21/23 years old?

I had applied for level 2 and was only charged like 20% of the full course fee, because it was my first level 2 qualification, I was 20 years old.

Yes if you are an EU student resident in the EU for the last three years and now resident in the UK from Sept 1 in the year the course starts.
Where have you been resident for the last three years?
Are you an EU student?

After Brexit this sort of funding may no longer be available, but will depend if they have a deal.
Reply 2
I've been in EU my whole life and only 2 years in UK.
Do I have to apply anywhere to get the funding or how does it work?
Original post by 999tigger
Yes if you are an EU student resident in the EU for the last three years and now resident in the UK from Sept 1 in the year the course starts.
Where have you been resident for the last three years?
Are you an EU student?

After Brexit this sort of funding may no longer be available, but will depend if they have a deal.
Original post by a198
I've been in EU my whole life and only 2 years in UK.
Do I have to apply anywhere to get the funding or how does it work?

I assume that means you are an EU national?
Go to your local FE college and find a course you like.
You then fill out the forms for an advanced learner loan and pay for the course that way.
If you are intending to go to uni, then you are uniquely placed to do:

2019-2020. Access to HE qualification= which is level 3 and is accepted by a lot of unis.- paid for with advanced learner loan.
https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility

2020- later Entry to university degree = paid for with student loan.

ps if you expect an answer you need to keep an eye on your thread and provide any information requested. If you leave it, then you may not get an answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending