Reply 2
Go on then I am interested.
I'm Consul.

Yes, too late. I am the Consul.
Reply 4
:king2: I am the second consul !!!!!:king2:

;w00t;
I veto on basis that you're a girl. :P

Ok fine you can be the second consul. In recognition of his starting the society, I award Smith an Aedileship.
Reply 6
The Lyceum
I veto on basis that you're a girl. :P

Ok fine you can be the second consul. In recognition of his starting the society, I award Smith an Aedileship.

I think that he should be princeps...
Reply 7
can someone up a spartan society and affiliate with this one?
not spartan as in 'w00t 300 such a grat film!11' but like appreciation of the agoge and society and ridicuous and stuff, im definately a meaty homoioi, everyone else can be perioikoi or a helot..

EDIT: actually if we were in the agoge this means we are all gay and molested? and the women would be powerful..... right scrap that idea, sounds like hell

EDIT2: DEFINATELY an ephor!! just remembered them! that or in the krypteia.. wow im enthusiastic
Xristina
I think that he should be princeps...

:mad:

No one cares number two, number one has spoken.

Gah! I know I should have chosen Biblius as my running mate.
stryker101
not spartan as in 'w00t 300 such a grat film!11' but like appreciation of the agoge and stuff, im definately a homoioi

The agoge? You're FOR institutionalised pederasty? Hahaha although the gynagoge sounds awesome.

I'm not much into Spartans, unless it's to annoy Xristina here. Got to love the Thebans though. :smile:
Reply 10
The Lyceum
The agoge? You're FOR institutionalised pederasty? Hahaha although the gynagoge sounds awesome.

I'm not much into Spartans, unless it's to annoy Xristina here. Got to love the Thebans though. :smile:

book on the shelf right next to me - 'geometric concepts in Theban art'..... not mine, obviously

^got an edit going on up there btw
I have an interest for Classics, I'm more interested in the Spartans though.
Today I had my last ever classics exam!!
stryker101
not spartan as in 'w00t 300 such a grat film!11' but like appreciation of the agoge and society and ridicuous and stuff, im definately a meaty homoioi, everyone else can be perioikoi or a helot..

EDIT: actually if we were in the agoge this means we are all gay and molested? and the women would be powerful..... right scrap that idea, sounds like hell

Oh, Oh, don't. I like that idea, and my first decision as your leader is to ban The Lyceum !!!! And those of you who don't like Athens !!! :mad:
Ah, to clarify.

Spartan males went through the Agoge, Females the Gynagoge. Pederasty was part of the process, a younger male was meant to approach and request the bond from an older warrior as part of his training.

Other cultures, like the Samurai, also had this. Females also went through rigorous training in order to prep them for child birth.

Life in Sparta was not nearly as democratic as the film portrayed, there were certainly different classes (more like castes) with the Helots (captured Greek slaves) being the lowest.

The Krypteia were a group of Spartans whose job it was to put down any sign of Helot revolt, think like the Gestapo or something.

Grr this thread is going to stop me from revising. XD
RedDragon
I have an interest for Classics, I'm more interested in the Spartans though.

Good for you RedDragon !!!!! Athens rocks !!!
Reply 16
oooh, over here!

I am Sappho :biggrin:
Xristina
Good for you RedDragon !!!!! Athens rocks !!!

Sparta rocks more HA!:biggrin:
Angelil
oooh, over here!

I am Sappho :biggrin:

O you would wouldn't you :P

Don't kill me :frown:
Reply 19
Yeah, why not?

Also, in light of the violent consulor elections we are currently witnessing, I propose myself as sole consul to sort it out!

Latest

Trending

Trending