The Student Room Group

Rowing

So basically I would like to get into rowing when I start uni on September, I’ve never rowed before, however I consider myself responsibly fit.
I would therefore like to know any tips/pointers to be fit enough to start in September.
Thanks 😁
Original post by Ollssyy
So basically I would like to get into rowing when I start uni on September, I’ve never rowed before, however I consider myself responsibly fit.
I would therefore like to know any tips/pointers to be fit enough to start in September.
Thanks 😁

Do you enjoy going to the gym? It might be worth joining a gym nearby your university that's cheap and good enough for your needs. This will help improve your upper and lower core strength massively, don't go crazy in the gym. You can also use the rowing machines in the gym if you like.

This link might also help:

https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/17-tips-for-getting-better-at-rowing

Good luck, I hope you enjoy getting into rowing :smile:
The rowing machine in the gym should help a lot.
Look on YouTube vids for correct techniques for actual rowing and normal gym rowing.

Major muscles for rowing are core muscles, thighs, lats, and biceps as these are essential to the rowing motion. However, It is important to train all the major muscle groups because the body works as a unit and not as individual muscles in isolation. Do compound lifts.

Quick Reply

Latest