The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

First year accommodation

Which first year accommodation is best for nightlife and meeting people?
Reply 1
I don’t go to Exeter so I can only go off reputation. From what I’ve heard, Lafrowda is the most sociable and loud. Loads of people apply there so bear in mind you might not get a space. Popular accomodations similar (but not as loud as Lafrowda) are East Park, and Rowe House - which are both very near Lafrowda.

Hope this helps!
(edited 4 months ago)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Emily12344

Hey I'm currently a first year at Exeter!
Im currently in old Lafrowda and loveeee it. I would say the most sociable accommodations are Lafrowda (especially old), Birks Grange and East Park! These are the largest accommodations on campus and have plenty of options in terms of catered/self-catered and en-suite/shared bathroom so there's stuff for all budgets.
Saw another post recommending Rowe House which is right opposite Lafrowda, but not super sociable in itself in my opinion.
I'd say Lafrowda is best location wise, followed by East Park. Birks is good as it's near other accoms like Moberly and Duryard, but it's a slightly longer walk to the centre of campus and uphill! Just depends what you're interested in and what's important to you.
Original post by Emily12344

it depends on what sort of people you want to meet. Old laf (where I'm staying) has ppl who are on occasion excessive with the drinking, noise etc. Penny C, Rowe House, Drudyard is full of introverts but that doesn't mean you can't meet them they just won't go out with you. Lafrowda (cheaper) and east park (bit nicer, more expensive) are somewhat a happy mediums. Whilst everyone I know at catered accoms (birks, holland) struggled to meet people and regretted it. If you come back from a night out the lafrowdas, Rowe house, penny c (about 10 mins walk back) are the closest east park maybe 10-15 mins further and often ppl in holland, birks end up getting taxis. Chance is probably as big a factor in the sort of flat you'll be in as the accommodation you pick, but plenty of people simply move rooms if they don't like where they're put which isn't a big deal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending