The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I had a complete shocker. Think the nerves just got to me. Couldnt believe it. Goodbye, first choice uni!
Reply 2
Adamshields
I had a complete shocker. Think the nerves just got to me. Couldnt believe it. Goodbye, first choice uni!

I was like that for PA04, and was "goodbye Uni". Don't worry, I think the grade boundaries tend to be a little lower for Synoptic.
Reply 3
Last year 51/80 was an A in the synoptic paper. I reckon I'll be lucky to get in the 40s
Reply 4
It was an amazing paper.

Had everything I revised and what I didn't revise, I worked out on the dot.

Oh, and BTW, I completed it in 1hr 30mins. Surprised myself, there.
Reply 5
Is this the one with the pre-release material? I'm not sure which exam code etc I did.
Reply 6
steelmole
Is this the one with the pre-release material? I'm not sure which exam code etc I did.

No.

It was AQA Spec A, Paper 10, PA10.
Reply 7
Oh god, i couldn't rearrange the graph formula, find g, work out the jupiter comet velocity or rearrange the gravity = 0 for the jupiter + sun :'(

bye bye medicine!!
Reply 8
Most of it I found pretty good. Couldn't do the second part of the jupiter/sun question (where it told you Jupiters mass is 1040 times less than the Suns) and couldn't rearrange the graph equation. Overall I think I've got a B on that paper.
I feel i've messed up terribly :frown: easy marks aswelll!!
Reply 10
For the graph equation,

T=2pi sqrt (H-h)/g

T^2 = 4pi^2 (H-h)/g

So T^2 = a - bh = H*4pi^2/g - (h)*4pi^2/g
What were the boundaries for all the grades last year? I know than 51 was an A, but dont know what else you had to get for the other grades.
HarisF1
For the graph equation,

T=2pi sqrt (H-h)/g

T^2 = 4pi^2 (H-h)/g

So T^2 = a - bh = H*4pi^2/g - (h)*4pi^2/g

Phew!
Reply 13
i did crap :frown:
Reply 14
why do you care about grade boundaries> ? It doesn't affect the UMS, you need what you need not a grade ? :s-smilie:
Reply 15
For the mass one,

Do g= Gm/r for both bodies.

g = G*1040 / r

and

g =G*1/ r

Thats it.

r is the value calculated in the earlier part (minus) The zero g distance for the sun, and the zero g distance for jupiter

It gives an answer like 0.03* 10^-34

Which is zero.
Adamshields
What were the boundaries for all the grades last year? I know than 51 was an A, but dont know what else you had to get for the other grades.

A= 51
B= 47
C=43
D=39
E=35
just a quick question...what did everybody put for the y=mx+c graph thingy
right ignore that question! already been asked!
Reply 19
Anyone else?

Share your answers here...

Latest