The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Trent University

How hard is it to get into Trent University? Specifically the Media departments such as Graphic Designing? I scored in the lower-average grade area so I want to know my chances to get into Trent University and if it is a competitive university?
Original post by SaraNadeem
How hard is it to get into Trent University? Specifically the Media departments such as Graphic Designing? I scored in the lower-average grade area so I want to know my chances to get into Trent University and if it is a competitive university?

Not especially competitive. It is a former polytecnic. My son went there and seemed to have a good time. He also got a professional masters there and is on course to earn a good salary
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by SaraNadeem

Not at all competitive. More than 60% of all offers they gave out this year were unconditional (2nd highest in the country) and the other 40% were such low offers that a blindfolded dog could get them.

Don't get me wrong it's a good uni, I personally applied there but ended going elsewhere. It has amazing facilities and is really rising in the league tables at the moment, it just simply is not competitive or hard to get into
Reply 3
Hey! Oh that’s cool, I really wish to get in that program as well! May I ask you what things you included in your portfolio? The things that I’m going to include in my portfolio would be:
-some digital posters(made via photoshop)
-360 degree digital poster
-GIFS
-Small video edited (made via Premiere)
-blog posts (if they require it)
-rough idea diary/sketchbook

Just wanted to ask if you think there are enough and what did you put in yours so I can get an idea! Since it’s a graphic designing program it’s not related to drawing right? Because some universities media/graphic designing programs require drawings and stuff in the portfolio so that confused me since that wouldn’t be digital, and I’m only into the digital things, not arts like drawing on paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending