The Student Room Group

Ambulance technician

I cannot find any ambulance technician courses, does anyone know how to apply ? Not a paramedic course.
Original post by MarcMcAulay
I cannot find any ambulance technician courses, does anyone know how to apply ? Not a paramedic course.

I suspect that you apply directly for a position or an apprenticeship at an ambulance trust and receive on-the-job training.

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles/ambulance-service-team/roles-ambulance-service

According to the East Midlands Ambulance Service (here), "EMAS works with several universities that offer Certificates or Diplomas of Higher Education (Level 4 or 5) in Ambulance Technician Practice."

If you search for Ambulance Technician Practice you'll find courses like this one at Nottingham Trent University. Was that the sort of course you've been struggling to find?
Reply 3

I did mine through Nottingham Trent University. CertHE Ambulance Technician Practice
As others have said, it's usually through the employing trust directly. A word of caution that trusts have been known to "move the goalposts" after a few years, so always ensure they commit to you as much as you commit to them. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest