The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Very mature student!

Any other vintage students starting in Sep 2019? I'm 47 (!) and will be starting the BA in Childhood Psychology. Very nervous indeed, scared no young people will talk to me!
When I was at uni there was a 44 year old and she was one of he most popular people on the course
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by henleykt
When I was at uni there was a 44 year old and she was one of he most popular people on the course

Ah that's nice to know. I've a lot to live up to then!
An open mind for discussion and patient attitude with us youngsters. Do pardon us if we seemed rowdy. We are curious at people and a awkward but do tell us a bit about yourself will make us want to understand you. My class had this 50+ year old guy and we find him tough to deal with. And even makes scene when we had presentations and straight up insulting the lecturers.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
An open mind for discussion and patient attitude with us youngsters. Do pardon us if we seemed rowdy. We are curious at people and a awkward but do tell us a bit about yourself will make us want to understand you. My class had this 50+ year old guy and we find him tough to a deal with. And even makes scene when we had presentations and straight up insulting the lecturers.

Ha ha ha, no I'm definitely not like that guy! I'm very open to discussion and am probably more rowdy than anyone else! I have grown up kids aged 23, 20 and 15 so I'm very at ease with young people. It's just that when my eldest was at uni, he told me that there were 2 mature guys in their group and no one talked to them! Fingers crossed that won't happen to me :smile:
Hi @redmel

Congratulations on getting your place at NTU!

You'll find there are plenty of opportunities to meet other people at our Welcome events, the full list of events is on our website and you should receive more information from us soon.

There's a (free!) barbecue that's specifically for our mature students (as well as those who will be commuting to NTU or not living in halls) it's on Tuesday 24 September and you can find out more here.

You'll meet your coursemates for the first time at your course induction, so look out for that too.

I hope this is useful, let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks
Chris
Reply 6
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi @redmel

Congratulations on getting your place at NTU!

You'll find there are plenty of opportunities to meet other people at our Welcome events, the full list of events is on our website and you should receive more information from us soon.

There's a (free!) barbecue that's specifically for our mature students (as well as those who will be commuting to NTU or not living in halls) it's on Tuesday 24 September and you can find out more here.

You'll meet your coursemates for the first time at your course induction, so look out for that too.

I hope this is useful, let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks
Chris

Brilliant, that sounds great! Thanks for letting me know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending