The Student Room Group

Mature students at Imperial College London

Hi guys, I am 29 nearly 30 years old and have been studying hard over the past few years to get the qualifications I need (a-levels etc) to get into university here in the UK specifically at Imperial for Physics. I am originally from Hungary but moved over to the UK nearly 10 years ago.
I am very curious to hear from any mature students studying at imperial, what it is like? whether you would recommend? And whether there is any disadvantage I have being a mature student as well as having English as my second language? Thanks!
Original post by kathnanc1
Hi guys, I am 29 nearly 30 years old and have been studying hard over the past few years to get the qualifications I need (a-levels etc) to get into university here in the UK specifically at Imperial for Physics. I am originally from Hungary but moved over to the UK nearly 10 years ago.
I am very curious to hear from any mature students studying at imperial, what it is like? whether you would recommend? And whether there is any disadvantage I have being a mature student as well as having English as my second language? Thanks!

Hi there kathnanc1,

I am answering you as someone who has studied at Imperial for the last 7 years as a mature student. I did both my MRes and PhD at Imperial and graduated in April 2019. I was 40 years old when I joined ICL. Also, I am originally from South Africa and have been living in the UK since 2001.

Please read my profile and if still interested, contact me via DM/PM for a detailed conversation.
Reply 2
Original post by kathnanc1

Hey there! Just trying my luck as I realise this post is a year old. I’m a mature student (age 28) going to start physics undergrad at imperial this October. Wondering if you ended up going to imperial (or any other uni) for physics? If so, I would love to have a chat if you are happy to spare some time. Let me know :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by VENIVIDIVICI
Hi there kathnanc1,

I am answering you as someone who has studied at Imperial for the last 7 years as a mature student. I did both my MRes and PhD at Imperial and graduated in April 2019. I was 40 years old when I joined ICL. Also, I am originally from South Africa and have been living in the UK since 2001.

Please read my profile and if still interested, contact me via DM/PM for a detailed conversation.

Hello, just trying my luck as with the other post. Your journey is an inspiration and I would love to chat if you are happy to do so. I’m a mature student (age 28) going to study physics at imperial this year. Let me know! :smile:
Original post by Knhd
Hello, just trying my luck as with the other post. Your journey is an inspiration and I would love to chat if you are happy to do so. I’m a mature student (age 28) going to study physics at imperial this year. Let me know! :smile:

You are still so young! Sorry, I don't come here often, work and family responsibilities keep me so busy. It never ends. How did Year 1 of Physics go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending