The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Is Nottingham Trent a good University?

I'm about to go into year 13 and came across NTU, but it's seems like it has a bad reputation and have been told by others NOT to apply to it. Would you recommend applying here?
nope, apply to a Russell group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
@vn1708 reasons for saying that?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by xox_wonderland
@vn1708 reasons for saying that?

just overall better in terms of academia. if you’re paying 9 grand a year, you'd want to make it worth it. uni of notts is way better than ntu, clearly there’s a reason why it’s ranked higher. i know there are some unis that aren’t russell groups and are good but imo i think russell groups give you more opportunities due to the reputation and are better
Russell Group unis have a focus on research, and they may not necessarily be the best at providing the best type of education for you.

Look at individual courses at the university rather than judging as a whole. If it feels like it's the right university for you after an open day then maybe it is the right choice regardless of outside forces. I've been to both a Russell Group uni and Trent and I enjoyed both.

Have a look at TEF scores of any uni you choose, RG can be helpful at postgrad but it has littlest to do with undergrads beyond the bizarre "it's an RG so it's good" mentality so it's important to check their teaching ability.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending