The Student Room Group

Human Sciences Applicants

Hi,

Just trying to congregate fellow HumSci applicants as we're thin on the ground so far!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hiya . I'm applying to Hertford for HumSci :smile:
Hey, Hugh's HumSci applicant ! Really hoping we find some others
Original post by lexiwilliamz
Hiya . I'm applying to Hertford for HumSci :smile:

Same!

Where else are you applying and what for?

Exeter HumSci (BBB offer)
UCL HumSci and Evolution
St. Andrews Biology and Philosophy
Durham NatSci (Biology, Philosophy and Anthropology)
Exeter Human Sciences
Durham Heath and human sciences
UCL Human sciences
Liverpool Evolutionary anthropology

I've got offers from all of them and am considering moving onto the 4 year course at UCL but figured I'd see how it goes first as you have the option to do so once on the course
What are people's subjects/predicted grades/GCSEs?

Mine:
GCSEs: 99998888876
A-levels: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics, EPQ
Predicted: A*A*A*A* (A* in EPQ also but don't think Oxford consider it that much)
Exeter HumSci (BBB offer)
Durham Health and Human Sciences (BBB/ABC if firm, AAB if insurance)
Manchester Politics and Social Anthropology (ABB offer)
Sussex Anthropology and Spanish (ABB offer)
Reply 7
Exeter Human Sciences
Durham Heath and human sciences
UCL Human sciences
Liverpool Evolutionary anthropology

I've got offers from all of them and am considering moving onto the 4 year course at UCL but figured I'd see how it goes first as you have the option to do so once on the course

Hi do you mind sharing what grades you applied with?
Original post by astaples
Hi do you mind sharing what grades you applied with?

gcses: 99988A*A*A*AA6
A-levels: A*AA in politics biology and chemistry
But I also had extenuating circumstances during this time and ongoing ones that were mentioned in my reference so although they're not as amazing as most of the Oxbridge applicants on TSR that might be a factor xx
Reply 9
gcses: 99988A*A*A*AA6
A-levels: A*AA in politics biology and chemistry
But I also had extenuating circumstances during this time and ongoing ones that were mentioned in my reference so although they're not as amazing as most of the Oxbridge applicants on TSR that might be a factor xx

Thank you for your reply, those grades are amazing. Congrats on your offer!
Thank you for your reply, those grades are amazing. Congrats on your offer!

thank you!

What are you applying for and where?
Reply 11
I got gcse 99888888766Aa level predicted A*A*A* biology maths English-lit M2 pre-uapplied for human sciences open application and got st benets hallalso anthropology UCLhuman sciences durham (got AAB offer)human geography leedshuman geaogrephy Lancaster (unconditional offer if firm)not doing too well with TSA, getting about 34/50 and have just planed a few section 2 questions
I've written 5 essays one of the was complete trash but the others were ok. I wouldn't worry too much about section 2 tho because apparently they rarely look at them and are only used to distinguish between two identical candidates
Reply 13
I've written 5 essays one of the was complete trash but the others were ok. I wouldn't worry too much about section 2 tho because apparently they rarely look at them and are only used to distinguish between two identical candidates

what are you getting in section 1 , the average overall score out of 80 for a human sciences offer last year was 65 so im thinking about 40 is needed out of 50 for an interview
Original post by l.l.l.
what are you getting in section 1 , the average overall score out of 80 for a human sciences offer last year was 65 so im thinking about 40 is needed out of 50 for an interview

My scores range from 37-41. It depends on the college you apply for as well. Generally you need between 37-39 to be guaranteed an interview but could be invited to interview with less. HumSci is lower that PPE for example
Reply 15
My scores range from 37-41. It depends on the college you apply for as well. Generally you need between 37-39 to be guaranteed an interview but could be invited to interview with less. HumSci is lower that PPE for example

some girl I know is the dopiest person in the world, literally paid for the tsa at a test centre when she could've done it at school for free, didn't know there was a section 2, isn't even that smart, didn't know that she had written work till a day before it was due, didn't know what UCAS was till the 13th of October, hardly knows what month it is, and is getting 45/50
thank you!

What are you applying for and where?

For human sciences I've applied to Oxford and UCL, but I think my chances are pretty low since I've applied for psychology for my other choices.
Reply 17
For human sciences I've applied to Oxford and UCL, but I think my chances are pretty low since I've applied for psychology for my other choices.

i messaged ucl human sciences asking for a detailed overview because it was a lot of biology in the first year and i like the geography and sociology side better, they took 14 days to reply, replied on the 16th october so it was too late, so i applied for anthropology at UCL,

I know a girl in 3rd year at Oxford doing HumSci and her PS was solely psychology based
Original post by l.l.l.
some girl I know is the dopiest person in the world, literally paid for the tsa at a test centre when she could've done it at school for free, didn't know there was a section 2, isn't even that smart, didn't know that she had written work till a day before it was due, didn't know what UCAS was till the 13th of October, hardly knows what month it is, and is getting 45/50

wow must be nice. What bits do you struggle with the most?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending