The Student Room Group

Human Sciences Applicants 2023

Hi! I can't find anyone applying for human sciences so I'm making this on the off chance someone sees it!
Looking for any advice/info on the course :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I’m applying for Human Sciences in 2023 too :smile:

I applied for UCL, Oxford, Durham, KCL (Human Biology) and Imperial (Biological Sciences)

Just submitted my UCAS last week and I’m waiting for replies!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by kyliechan
Hi! I’m applying for Human Sciences in 2023 too :smile:

I applied for UCL, Oxford, Durham, KCL (Human Biology) and Imperial (Biological Sciences)

Just submitted my UCAS last week and I’m waiting for replies!!

We have so many in common!!
I'm applying for UCL, Oxford, Durham, Glasgow (also human biology), and Birmingham for lib arts and nat sci
Original post by lila1234
We have so many in common!!
I'm applying for UCL, Oxford, Durham, Glasgow (also human biology), and Birmingham for lib arts and nat sci

That’s awesome!

I was also thinking of Birmingham for Human sciences but I chose Biological sciences at Imperial in the end, which i doubt i would get an offer from because of how human science-y my PS is.

Which uni is your top choice? Mine is UCL! and what subjects are you taking for a-levels rn?
Reply 4
That’s awesome!

I was also thinking of Birmingham for Human sciences but I chose Biological sciences at Imperial in the end, which i doubt i would get an offer from because of how human science-y my PS is.

Which uni is your top choice? Mine is UCL! and what subjects are you taking for a-levels rn?

UCL is my top too!!! I love the freedom you get with your choice of modules there it's great.
I'm currently doing biology, chem, maths and further maths (so I'm very humanities starved atm); wbu?
UCL is my top too!!! I love the freedom you get with your choice of modules there it's great.
I'm currently doing biology, chem, maths and further maths (so I'm very humanities starved

Omg yes! I love how we can choose what we want to do and tailor the course to our interests :smile:
I’m doing bio, chem and maths (+EPQ) so we’re around the same, but i’m interested in nutrition, psychology and sociology.
I’ve been told that as long as you add your interest in humanities into your PS, you’re gonna be okay.
I hope we both get the offers we want and it would be so cool if we ended up going to the same one hahaha

Do you know around when they start giving out offers by any chance?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
Omg yes! I love how we can choose what we want to do and tailor the course to our interests :smile:
I’m doing bio, chem and maths (+EPQ) so we’re around the same, but i’m interested in nutrition, psychology and sociology.
I’ve been told that as long as you add your interest in humanities into your PS, you’re gonna be okay.
I hope we both get the offers we want and it would be so cool if we ended up going to the same one hahaha

Do you know around when they start giving out offers by any chance?

I have no clue when they give out offers but I think the unis we applied for give them kind of late :/
I put a bunch of philosophy and psychology stuff in my PS so hopefully, that's good.
It's kinda nuts how I couldn't find anyone on TSR doing human sciences and then I found someone doing almost the exact same as me!!!
How are you prepping for the TSA btw??? I haven't written an essay in like a year and a half so I'm dreading the essay section!!!! Also what oxford college are you applying for? :smile:
I have no clue when they give out offers but I think the unis we applied for give them kind of late :/
I put a bunch of philosophy and psychology stuff in my PS so hopefully, that's good.
It's kinda nuts how I couldn't find anyone on TSR doing human sciences and then I found someone doing almost the exact same as me!!!
How are you prepping for the TSA btw??? I haven't written an essay in like a year and a half so I'm dreading the essay section!!!! Also what oxford college are you applying for? :smile:

I’M SO HAPPY WE FOUND EACH OTHER!! I’m literally the only person in my school doing human sciences, like ever.
I’m pretty sure your PS is a strong one for HS if you’ve added different disciplines. They receive a lot of biology PSs which they are likely to turn down. However I’ve heard that this course is getting more competitive.
I’ve done a few TSA mocks but there’s nothing much you can do to prepare tbh. The essay bit I’m most worried about too! I’m applying to Hertford, and you?
Reply 8
I’M SO HAPPY WE FOUND EACH OTHER!! I’m literally the only person in my school doing human sciences, like ever.
I’m pretty sure your PS is a strong one for HS if you’ve added different disciplines. They receive a lot of biology PSs which they are likely to turn down. However I’ve heard that this course is getting more competitive.
I’ve done a few TSA mocks but there’s nothing much you can do to prepare tbh. The essay bit I’m most worried about too! I’m applying to Hertford, and you?

SAME!!! One of my biology teachers did human sciences at UCL and she said she hasn't ever known about a student at my school applying to it.

I was going between Hertford and Magdalen as my top two but I ended up picking Magdalen!!! I could get pooled though who knows?

I'm glad we've still got a couple of weeks to practice before the exam but I just want to get it over and done with. Let me know how your applications go!

Btw whereabouts are you from? Im from London but i know ucl is big for international students too :smile:
SAME!!! One of my biology teachers did human sciences at UCL and she said she hasn't ever known about a student at my school applying to it.

I was going between Hertford and Magdalen as my top two but I ended up picking Magdalen!!! I could get pooled though who knows?

I'm glad we've still got a couple of weeks to practice before the exam but I just want to get it over and done with. Let me know how your applications go!

Btw whereabouts are you from? Im from London but i know ucl is big for international students too :smile:

I’ve been based in London since I was 9 but from I’m from Hong Kong. Applying as a home student too.

Good luck on TSA! and do keep me updated too! :smile:
Hello! I'm applying for human sciences too! I've put human sciences at oxford and anthropology at bristol, lse, st andrews and ucl. I was deciding between human sciences or anthropology at ucl but I ultimately decided on anthro as I'm more interested in the cultural stuff than the anatomy things. Now i'm a bit worried that my PS is too humanities based for oxford... Oxford would be my first choice but the acceptance rate is so low i'd be happy to get an interview. It's nice to meet more people applying for human sciences! All the best for TSA too haha
Original post by greenboats
Hello! I'm applying for human sciences too! I've put human sciences at oxford and anthropology at bristol, lse, st andrews and ucl. I was deciding between human sciences or anthropology at ucl but I ultimately decided on anthro as I'm more interested in the cultural stuff than the anatomy things. Now i'm a bit worried that my PS is too humanities based for oxford... Oxford would be my first choice but the acceptance rate is so low i'd be happy to get an interview. It's nice to meet more people applying for human sciences! All the best for TSA too haha

Hi! nice to meet you! I’m glad we have something in common :smile:
I would say the Oxford course is more cultural based than UCL that’s more biology, which is why UCL is my top choice as I’m a science student.
The acceptance rate for an interview is 58%, so you have a pretty good chance! and good luck for tsa.
What subjects are you taking right now? and which college for oxford?
I'm doing french, chemistry, biology, maths -- so pretty much science. How about you?
I applied to st hughs, I like the large grounds and it seems like a nice community.
Original post by greenboats
I'm doing french, chemistry, biology, maths -- so pretty much science. How about you?
I applied to st hughs, I like the large grounds and it seems like a nice community.

I’m doing chem, bio and maths (+epq)
i applied to hertford!
Hello! I applied for humsci at Oxford as well as ucl kcl lse (social anthro) and imperial (med biosci), and I’m from HK too! I applied to St John’s, and I’m doing IB instead of ALs
Original post by Smilekyokyo
Hello! I applied for humsci at Oxford as well as ucl kcl lse (social anthro) and imperial (med biosci), and I’m from HK too! I applied to St John’s, and I’m doing IB instead of ALs

Hi! nice to meet you and omg you’re from hk too! we have so much in common!
did you apply to anatomy, developmental and human biology at kcl too? (B150)
good luck on tsa prepping!!
Hey guys, also a Human Sciences applicant!! I applied to Human Sciences at Oxford, UCL, Durham and Exeter, as well as Global Health and Social Medicine at KCL. Good luck everyone for the TSA, it’s so nice to find some other Human Science applicants!
Hey! I applied for human sciences 2023 as well. I applied to Magdalen too :smile:
hey!! how did everyone find the tsa? hope it went well x
Original post by Smilekyokyo
hey!! how did everyone find the tsa? hope it went well x

I think it went okay.. tighter for time than I was expecting on section 1 though!! Best of luck to everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending