The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Isn't that got some pretty basic science and maths and some critical thinking questions? That should be manageable right?

As for the essay bit.. I'd say be yourself and don't be afraid to write out what YOU would do and not what you would THINK they would like to to write...
Time is extremely short (isn't it...I'm not actually sitting BMAT / UKCAT but there are several people who are in my college...), so I would certainly recommend calm clear thinking. Mistakes are virtually irrevocable if you want to finish the essay (then again, it depends on how concise the essay is).
Reply 3
I have poor command of English Language but still managed to get 7.5 for the essay part..which might calm you down a little..i think the content is more important than anything else..though grammar might be taken into account too. The first section is something that you can't really revise for..it's all about critical reasoning, passages, comprehension and those stuff. The second section tests you on the sciences..and the application of them..i scored 6.2 in that section, which i think is considered quite a decent score..so i think it should be fine with you as long as you know those things in GCSE..such as background count of radioactivity.This section involves a tiny bit of critical reasoning too. I was given a table and asked to calculate things from it..it's not a normal kind of table and involved lots of formula and the units are extremely confusing..so were the subjects in the table but once you've grabbed what it's trying to show you'll most probably get the associated questions right.
When do you sit the BMAT or/& UKCAT? AGE/YEAR?
and do you do if through your school? or do you have to do it yourself?
Enter for BMAT by September 30th 2008.
Costs £31 in UK, £54 outside.
Enter through a centre - depends on whether your centre pays for you or forces you to pay.
You can apply for a refund through your centre if your family income is low (i.e. if you receive EMA).
The BMAT is on Wednesday 5th November 2008.

http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/bmat/faqs

UKCAT:
http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/details.aspx?page=register

Computer-based test.
Taken before 10th October 2008.
You 'book' a test at a Pearson centre.
so what year do most people take it? 12? or 13?
Reply 7
LittleMissTwinkle
so what year do most people take it? 12? or 13?

You take it the year you apply to uni... (BMAT) or at least that's what somebody in our school did...
yr 13

Latest