The Student Room Group

A-level OCR Chemistry Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat

Welcome A-level OCR Chemistry Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat!

The exam timetable is:

Tuesday 2nd June 2020: Paper 1 (H432/1)

Monday 8th June 2020: Paper 2 (H432/2)

Wednesday 17th June 2020: Paper 3 (H432/3)

How are you feeling about these exams? Do you feel prepared? What have you started doing to prepare for your exams? Comment down below!

How to prepare for the exams (general tips)

This thread is for anyone that is studying A-level Chemistry (OCR). Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and find resources. Good luck everyone

Scroll to see replies

Will keep updating this post with all the recommended resources, links and useful posts that are mentioned in this group :smile:

Specification: OCR A-level Chemistry Specification

Recommended resources:
ChemRevise

Recommended TSR resources:
Uni Group chat threads 2020 directory
Official Chemistry 2020 Applicants Thread
Official Chemical Engineering 2020 Thread

Useful posts:
Reply 2
Any predictions for this years papers?
https://chemrevise.org/ocr-revision-guides/
This website is really useful^

I also bought revision cards from here, which are great:
https://www.revisiontools.co.uk/buy.php
(edited 4 years ago)
What is an effective way of revising chemistry???
Original post by originalbeauty
What is an effective way of revising chemistry???

practice questions, particularly for the maths and organic synthesis questions.
What’s been the hardest topics so far for everyone?

I find pretty much the whole organic topic hard :s-smilie:
Original post by bathtimecheetah

I find inorganic and module 6.3 (the nmr spec) really difficult
Reply 8
Original post by bathtimecheetah

I would say Redox and electrode potentials as well as Transition metals topic are the hardest A2 Physical topics in my opinion. In terms of Organic .... all of it lol but I would say carbonyl compounds and amines are not bad as well as the benzene topic you just have to practice A LOT.
How far is everyone through the course?
We've still got transition metals, amines/amides and organic analysis left. We are predicted to finish about a month before exams.
Reply 10
Hi guys. Which are the best websites with exam-style questions organised by topic ?
Reply 11
Original post by yankang.qi
We've still got transition metals, amines/amides and organic analysis left. We are predicted to finish about a month before exams.

We've got transition metals, increasing carbon-carbon bond chapter , NMR, and electrode potentials
Original post by yankang.qi

We finished the course at the Beginning of December, but we did all the organic A2 stuff at the end of Year 12
Great news for me. I'm retaking the exams. I was a pretty much a straight A* student in Chemistry at A level but when the exams came I had personal problems and 1 was on Eid which made it difficult. I ended up 1 mark off an A* so here I go again sitting the papers just to achieve something I know I can. Sometimes life is so long.
Reply 14
Original post by Muhammad Razak
Great news for me. I'm retaking the exams. I was a pretty much a straight A* student in Chemistry at A level but when the exams came I had personal problems and 1 was on Eid which made it difficult. I ended up 1 mark off an A* so here I go again sitting the papers just to achieve something I know I can. Sometimes life is so long.

Wow I don't know what to say ... I would just walk away with the A tbh but it seems as though you are very much capable for an A* and it's good that you have that self belief and drive:smile:

Do you have any tips/ techniques in terms of revising?
Original post by Sidd1
Wow I don't know what to say ... I would just walk away with the A tbh but it seems as though you are very much capable for an A* and it's good that you have that self belief and drive:smile:

Yeah tbh I'm not 100% annoyed about doing it again as I'm taking a gap year anyway. Plus my uni course is Chemistry so that way when I go uni in October I'll be up to scratch (hopefully). The only problem was I had to fork out £150. Thanks. What r u aiming for?
Reply 16
Original post by Sidd1
We've got transition metals, increasing carbon-carbon bond chapter , NMR, and electrode potentials

same for us but we have finished carbon to carbon
Reply 17
Yeah tbh I'm not 100% annoyed about doing it again as I'm taking a gap year anyway. Plus my uni course is Chemistry so that way when I go uni in October I'll be up to scratch (hopefully). The only problem was I had to fork out £150. Thanks. What r u aiming for?

An A Inshaa'Allah:smile:

@Muhammad Razak
How did you revise back when you initially prepared for the exam? Like when did you start revision in year 13 back then? Revision strategy? What resources did you use?
It would be much appreciated! I hope we both get A* in our chemistry exams! Mashallah
Original post by paulkisho
@Muhammad Razak
How did you revise back when you initially prepared for the exam? Like when did you start revision in year 13 back then? Revision strategy? What resources did you use?
It would be much appreciated! I hope we both get A* in our chemistry exams! Mashallah

I revised properly over everything near the end of February. Considering I didn't intensely revise for the 2 years till then I put in the work. Tbf I don't think it's that hard. If you start now you'll pass with flying colours. I'll post later revision technique but CBA now as I'm doing Further maths work. Biggest tip would be do lots of past papers I only did max 10 so maybe that's why I didn't get an A* first time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending