The Student Room Group

A-level OCR Chemistry Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muhammad Razak
Yep I'll post it here and pm you. I did maths Edexcel and Business AQA. I got an A* in maths. I also did Further maths As and got an A but I enjoyed it so much I wanted to take it at A level. Thus, in my gap year I'm self learning the content.

Also, you'll have enough time to get from a B to an A* but that'll take alot of work.

Hey, can you share these tips with me too please, thanks
Original post by Neuromegha
Thank you soo much for offering me the motivation to keep working hard!! is there any specific technique to memorise the content before doing practice papers? xx

I read through notes to try and learn concepts and then write what I can remember on a whiteboard and cross check until I remember it. Then to make sure I haven’t just memorised it but I know what I’m doing, I do practice question linked to that topic and check over the answers to make sure I have ticked off all the boxes they are looking for (once you do this repetitively for different topics you kind of figure it out and don’t need to look at mark schemes as intensely anymore). If I’m still struggling I search up the topic on YouTube and watch their thought processing. Everyone revises different but it seems to have paid off so far. I also make use of mnemonics when I need to memorise things like colour changes or the bond angles etc. x
Original post by Mayomikun123
I read through notes to try and learn concepts and then write what I can remember on a whiteboard and cross check until I remember it. Then to make sure I haven’t just memorised it but I know what I’m doing, I do practice question linked to that topic and check over the answers to make sure I have ticked off all the boxes they are looking for (once you do this repetitively for different topics you kind of figure it out and don’t need to look at mark schemes as intensely anymore). If I’m still struggling I search up the topic on YouTube and watch their thought processing. Everyone revises different but it seems to have paid off so far. I also make use of mnemonics when I need to memorise things like colour changes or the bond angles etc. x

That's brilliant advice! thank you! I always am unsure on how to revise, so ill try this out and see of it works for me xx
Original post by Neuromegha
That's brilliant advice! thank you! I always am unsure on how to revise, so ill try this out and see of it works for me xx

Good luck! x
Reply 44
I feel like I've left everything last minute. I know I have four months left but I just have this mindset that even if I start work now and revise I still won't get an A/A*. I ****ed up my transitions badly and basically got a D/E which was SO disheartening. I finished my mocks yesterday but I know I haven't done as well as I should. I think there's only three past papers with the new spec, where else can I find past papers??? I really need to start practicing smh
Original post by Kajaaaa
I feel like I've left everything last minute. I know I have four months left but I just have this mindset that even if I start work now and revise I still won't get an A/A*. I ****ed up my transitions badly and basically got a D/E which was SO disheartening. I finished my mocks yesterday but I know I haven't done as well as I should. I think there's only three past papers with the new spec, where else can I find past papers??? I really need to start practicing smh

Good luck. I kinda felt the same way but I was in a better position to which you are now. However, it is definitely doable. I may have a few papers. I'll check and send it later to you by pm. You can really do it. From now is the perfect time. If you work hard you can do it.
Reply 46
Good luck. I kinda felt the same way but I was in a better position to which you are now. However, it is definitely doable. I may have a few papers. I'll check and send it later to you by pm. You can really do it. From now is the perfect time. If you work hard you can do it.

please can you send me the papers too!
i'm struggling with exam practice, but i feel comfortable with understanding the majority of the content...
How do people revise for all their 3 subjects AS and A2 I’m finding it hard to revise everything and manage my time, i end up doing nothing
I do bio chem and psy can anyone give me any tips or and example of a revision timetable

can you send me too?
Reply 49

I would like them too! can you send me ?
I'll send it tomorrow to all who pm me. CBA now and I have to fish them out of all the various folders/ documents on my phone.
Reply 51
If a question asks for a structural formula, will I get the marks if use a skeletal formula?
Original post by lrowq
If a question asks for a structural formula, will I get the marks if use a skeletal formula?

Not necessarily but it does sometimes depend on the marks offered for the Q. If the molecule is big you may get a mark but I don't think you'll get too many as those questions usually yield very few marks. So if you use the wrong formula you most definitely will not get all the marks. Best to be careful about those things. Good luck
@Muhammad Razak I would like them too can you send me the chemistry papers

same here plz send me the papers ty :biggrin:
Original post by yankang.qi
How far is everyone through the course?
We've still got transition metals, amines/amides and organic analysis left. We are predicted to finish about a month before exams.

we've got a the end of module 6 and module 5 left
I'll send it tomorrow to all who pm me. CBA now and I have to fish them out of all the various folders/ documents on my phone.

i would love them too pleaseeeee

heya could you send them to me too, i'll pm you
Reply 58

i would love them too plz the chemistry papers
Original post by yes0712
Hi guys. Which are the best websites with exam-style questions organised by topic ?

physicsandmathstutor, alevelchemistry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending