The Student Room Group

Need a timetable -currently unorganised

Hiya! Am really struggling right now with organisation - currently in my second term of yr12 and didnt do that well in mocks. I really want to go Cambridge for languages but need to improve my grades asap. Does anyone hav a good timetable for after school (revision + hw slots) or any tips on making one? Not sure how to balance my time etc. Thanks!
Unfortunately, I'm not very good at timetabling myself but I can tell you how I managed my revision!

I did a language A-Level (Mandarin) and the way that I revised was mainly by revising vocab on Quizlet every day on the bus to and from school. It meant that it didn't overlap with when I could do homework (bit hard to write on the bus!) so it maximised my time instead of me just staring out of the window. Since languages involve a lot of memorisation, familiarising yourself with the vocabulary in small chunks over a long period of time works much better than trying to cram it all in. Trying to build revision into your daily routine is a good idea as it makes revising before big tests etc a lot less daunting.

What subjects do you do?
Reply 2
Original post by Peaches267
Hiya! Am really struggling right now with organisation - currently in my second term of yr12 and didnt do that well in mocks. I really want to go Cambridge for languages but need to improve my grades asap. Does anyone have a good timetable for after school (revision + hw slots) or any tips on making one? Not sure how to balance my time etc. Thanks!

Only you can really make your timetable in for revision/homework , leisure etc. As a general rule:

Divide however long you have until your exams by how many subjects you study.
Divide all the topics and areas you need to cover.
Perhaps where you need to improve your mock results have flagged areas you need to pay attention to, you need to prioritise, but make sure you don't just cover the things you're weaker at. You need to go back and cover everything so it says fresh in your memory.
Go to an Asda Cafe (for example) and revise there, if u keep getting distracted at home. Set alarms on your phone and give yourself regular breaks. You can do this
Reply 3
Original post by SkyRunner61
Unfortunately, I'm not very good at timetabling myself but I can tell you how I managed my revision!

I did a language A-Level (Mandarin) and the way that I revised was mainly by revising vocab on Quizlet every day on the bus to and from school. It meant that it didn't overlap with when I could do homework (bit hard to write on the bus!) so it maximised my time instead of me just staring out of the window. Since languages involve a lot of memorisation, familiarising yourself with the vocabulary in small chunks over a long period of time works much better than trying to cram it all in. Trying to build revision into your daily routine is a good idea as it makes revising before big tests etc a lot less daunting.

What subjects do you do?

German, Classics and Art

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending