The Student Room Group

can i drop a gcse subject in year 11? (northern ireland)

i’m currently doing 10 gcses, so if i dropped one i’d be doing 9 which is still a good amount. i want to drop music, as i find the coursework extremely hard to follow and my teacher hates me so much that i’ve had to start recording my lessons. i feel personally targeted by her and this combined with the fact i struggle with music makes me want to drop it, what would my next steps be since my parents are in support of me wanting to drop music?
any and all advice would be appreciated!!
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by matched-shadow
i’m currently doing 10 gcses, so if i dropped one i’d be doing 9 which is still a good amount. i want to drop music, as i find the coursework extremely hard to follow and my teacher hates me so much that i’ve had to start recording my lessons. i feel personally targeted by her and this combined with the fact i struggle with music makes me want to drop it, what would my next steps be since my parents are in support of me wanting to drop music?
any and all advice would be appreciated!!

Speak to your head of Year 10. It's likely that you would require a letter of some sort from your parents to authorise you on this and you might need your timetable rearranged considering the timetable for 9 subjects would be different for 10.
There is a small chance that they won't change your timetable but just remove your music lessons and GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest