The Student Room Group

Please teach me something

Can someone teach me anything I'm 12 and I just want to learn lol
There was a psychologist way back in the 60s called Milgram who performed research into obedience. The people who took part in the study had to ask a (fake) person in another room questions and give them an electric shock if they got it wrong. Each time the fake person got it wrong, the voltage of the electric shock was increased. Well eventually the people taking part were asked to give shocks of 300+V which would be extremely painful for the person receiving them. Some people decided to drop out despite being urged to carry on, but it was found that 65% of them gave a FATAL shock of 450V. The fake person had stopped responding at this point. The kicker? The participants did not know that the person was fake!!! They thought they had killed someone!!! and 65% of them did it just because they were told to!! I found that really interesting to learn about :smile:
Reply 2
people like themselves more than anything, so if your convo is going dead, just ask them a question like whats your favourite colour and why?, i think YOU are a wise decision maker and where did YOU get that jumper?
Original post by Mariyaxxrylee
Can someone teach me anything I'm 12 and I just want to learn lol

Pascal's wager is the idea that someone who gives up their life to worship is more intelligent than someone who doesn't worship in life and then regrets it after, assuming the after life exists.

Religious person: 80 years given for infinite bliss
irreligious: 80 years enjoyed for infinite suffering

Another thing is that turtles can't actually swallow their food on land, they need to be underwater to do so.

One side of the heart is thicker because it needs to pump blood to the entire body, rather than just the lungs.

Your memory is structured like so: sensory memory (usually auditory or visual)
-> short term memory (has a limited capacity of 5-9 items, items only stay in memory for 30 seconds unless focused on)
-> long term memory (theoretically infinite capacity and memory stored here usually stays for quite a long time. However, it's tough to encode to this part)

Dementia always starts at the hippocampus. Protein misfolding may be the primary cause - where a protein is permanently folded incorrectly and cannot be unfolded (like healthy proteins should be able to be). These abnormal proteins turn other healthy proteins into more and more abnormal proteins until there are none left. The abnormal proteins are completely dysfunctional so this truly destroys your minds.

Another way dementia may become present is from the build-up of neurofibrillary tangles and amyloid plaques.

Tekken 7 is an extremely underrated game.

The author of the Dragon Ball franchise's net worth sits at 45 million dollars. That's one series. It's quite big.
Stan Lee, the mind behind marvel, has a net worth of 50 million dollars. It's insane because we're comparing 1 series to dozens and dozens.

It is theorised half of your memories are wrong. Completely wrong. This may be because perception is not the same as reality.

There's tons more but I am too lazy to bother to remember + write it all down. G'day, tell me if you found anything interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending