The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
How much did the black Givenchy gown she wore in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S sell for at auction?
ClivePounds
Audrey has a breed of what named after her?

Tulip :yep:
Charlski
Apparently it was actually her first husband, Mel Ferrer. She had previously almost married James Hanson.

They were engaged but I wasn't sure that they had sex, have you got a source that says they did?
Audrey Hepburn
Loose - she had two kid :>.<:

lol fair enough :p: :rofl:
Reply 84
Who awarded her the highest civilian award an American can get?
There are 6 answers in total (2 from 1., 3 from 2. and 1 from 3.). I will give you one sentence to act as a clue and nothing else. ALL answers must be correct, otherwise it won't count. Answers must be spelt correctly for it to be considered an answer.

A school was built from money raised in an auction for Audrey Hepburn's dress.

1. What was the year did she starred in a role for a play in her dress? What was the name of the novelist in which the film adaption was taken from his/her novel; in which Audrey Hepburn starred the dress in?

2. Name the city/town/village and the country in which the school was built in. How many children (to the nearest 10) are able to go to that school?

3. How much was the dress paid for (in dollars)?
Reply 86
I want rep :biggrin: :biggrin:

The official release year of The Secret People (Audrey played Nora) was 1952, but when was it copyrighted?
Prudy
http://smokingsides.com/asfs/H/Hepburn.html

Perhaps she smoked Gold Flake before? It does say later on...

Yeah but err...err...ah! You should've been more specific with your question! Tch... :rolleyes:

Audrey Hepburn gave a valid answer, so no rep for you. C'mon, it's hardly like you need it. :p:
Katie_louise
How much did the black Givenchy gown she wore in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S sell for at auction?

Do you want the exact figure? I know it was just under half a million pounds, I think it was about £460,000
Reply 89
Audrey Hepburn
Yes, at Madame T's and no :ninja:

:lies:I dont believe you
Reply 90
Muppety_Kid
Yeah but err...err...ah! You should've been more specific with your question! Tch... :rolleyes:

Audrey Hepburn gave a valid answer, so no rep for you. C'mon, it's hardly like you need it. :p:

DW I'm not whoring! Just throwing out info for anyone that wants it! :biggrin:
Prudy
Who awarded her the highest civilian award an American can get?

The President? It was the Presidential Medal of Freedom anyway.
Reply 92
Audrey Hepburn
Do you want the exact figure? I know it was just under half a million pounds, I think it was about £460,000

Well my source says "The black Givenchy gown she wore in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S sold at auction for $807,000"
Reply 93
Audrey Hepburn
The President? It was the Presidential Medal of Freedom anyway.

:yes: Which President?
Prudy
DW I'm not whoring! Just throwing out info for anyone that wants it! :biggrin:

Yeah, I know. Only joking. :biggrin:
im so academic
There are 6 answers in total (2 from 1., 3 from 2. and 1 from 3.). I will give you one sentence to act as a clue and nothing else. ALL answers must be correct, otherwise it won't count. Answers must be spelt correctly for it to be considered an answer.

A school was built from money raised in an auction for Audrey Hepburn's dress.

1. What was the year did she starred in a role for a play in her dress? What was the name of the novelist in which the film adaption was taken from his/her novel; in which Audrey Hepburn starred the dress in?

2. Name the city/town/village and the country in which the school was built in. How many children (to the nearest 10) are able to go to that school?

3. How much was the dress paid for (in dollars)?

1. 1961, Truman Capote.

2. What school? Her school? :confused:

3. I think $920,000?
Reply 96
did she spit or swallow?
chevina
I want rep :biggrin: :biggrin:

The official release year of The Secret People (Audrey played Nora) was 1952, but when was it copyrighted?

Harsh much! Probably something weird... 1951? Or is it a trick question and it's really 1952? :biggrin:
Katie_louise
Well my source says "The black Givenchy gown she wore in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S sold at auction for $807,000"

:confused:

*checks wikipedia*

'The "little black dress" from Breakfast at Tiffany's, designed by Givenchy, sold at a Christie's auction on December 5, 2006, for £467,200 (approximately $920,000), almost seven times its £70,000 pre-sale estimate.'

But that's wikipedia for you :p: Your source might be right - but I don't think you get the rep :no:
Prudy
:yes: Which President?

:woo:

Harsh, who was president in 1992? Clinton?

Latest