The Student Room Group

Student finance

My dad had been ask to fill a marital status form. But dad doesn’t have any of the evidence asked. Till he provides the evidence I will be receiving minimum maintenance loan. Initially I was given maximum amount but has been cut down to the minimum amount. I’m applied as a migrant worker but recently got my settled status. I’ve requested to be assessed as a home student. I’ve been told this will be effective from term 2. I want to know even as a home student do I still get the minimum or it will change.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Audrey Yeboah
My dad had been ask to fill a marital status form. But dad doesn’t have any of the evidence asked. Till he provides the evidence I will be receiving minimum maintenance loan. Initially I was given maximum amount but has been cut down to the minimum amount. I’m applied as a migrant worker but recently got my settled status. I’ve requested to be assessed as a home student. I’ve been told this will be effective from term 2. I want to know even as a home student do I still get the minimum or it will change.

Hi Audrey, if you're being changed over to a Home Student you would still only have the minimum amount of Maintenance Loan until we receive the Marital Status Declaration form with acceptable evidence. Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi Audrey, if you're being changed over to a Home Student you would still only have the minimum amount of Maintenance Loan until we receive the Marital Status Declaration form with acceptable evidence. Thanks, Ross

I also wanted to know.. As a home student when applying for student finance. What evidence do they require.
Thanks
I also wanted to know.. As a home student when applying for student finance. What evidence do they require.
Thanks

Hi Audrey, if you mean evidence to be classed as a Home Student it would be your Settled Status letter and new immigration status share code that we require. If you're referring to other evidence can you clarify for me please?
Reply 4
Hi Audrey, if you mean evidence to be classed as a Home Student it would be your Settled Status letter and new immigration status share code that we require. If you're referring to other evidence can you clarify for me please?

I applied as a migrant worker and they requested for my dad’s income plus mine.
So I wanted to know is it same for home students. A friend of mine who applied as a home student said they requested for her payslip only before approving her student loan.
I applied as a migrant worker and they requested for my dad’s income plus mine.
So I wanted to know is it same for home students. A friend of mine who applied as a home student said they requested for her payslip only before approving her student loan.

Hi Audrey, If you're applying as a Home Student we won't require employment evidence from yourself. If you are also under the age of 25 we'd request your parent(s) income to support your application each Academic Year for the higher rate of Maintenance Loan. As your Father has been asked for Marital Status evidence we would need that first before we can update your Maintenance Loan. Thanks, Ross
Reply 6
Hi Audrey, If you're applying as a Home Student we won't require employment evidence from yourself. If you are also under the age of 25 we'd request your parent(s) income to support your application each Academic Year for the higher rate of Maintenance Loan. As your Father has been asked for Marital Status evidence we would need that first before we can update your Maintenance Loan. Thanks, Ross

What if you’re 25. Because I won’t be below 25. When apply for my next student finance.

Thanks
What if you’re 25. Because I won’t be below 25. When apply for my next student finance.

Thanks

Hi Audrey, if you're 25 or over before the Academic Year starts you'd be classed as Independent so we would not require any parental income/evidence. Thanks, Ross
Reply 8
Thanks, Ross. In that case they’ll need the students payslip in order to determine the amount of money to give. Am i right?
Hi Audrey, if you're a Home Student and Independent we don't need any employment evidence. You'd be assessed for the maximum rate automatically. Thanks, Ross
Thanks so much Ross.
Have a nice day :smile:
Thanks so much Ross.
Have a nice day :smile:

Thanks Audrey, you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending