The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Profesh
It's probably meaningless. That said, I invariably score between 130 and 140 on such tests; but I've also been out-scored by people whom I'd deem to all intents and purposes less intelligent, and superseded people whose academic credentials trump my own. All-in-all, I.Q. doesn't appear to count for much.

Nope, 99% of popualtion ain't a clue how to measure it, even if it can be done successfully. That remaining 1% just think they can :rolleyes:
Nothing special...
Reply 42
Garden_Gnome
Surely if it was just like everyone else (or, rather, most people) it would be average, not above average?

I think you've missed my point.
Reply 43
The TSR ******** average is around 140. The real average is 100.
Reply 44
124 on an online test is practically moronic. :p:

INTit
The TSR ******** average is around 140. The real average is 100.

It's not total rubbish: you might expect a group of more intellectually-oriented people to have a mean IQ that is higher than average.
Reply 45
No, it is rubbish; you need to go back to preschool. Seriously, what do you really think? :rolleyes: The national average is 100. TSR aren't superior to your average Joe Blogs. :rofl: at the people who think they are.

Get over yourself, people.
Reply 46
Laus
TSR aren't superior to your average Joe Blogs.

I must respectfully disagree: TSR clearly attracts, on average, a more academic group of people than the general public. We might rightly expect this to result in a higher average IQ than 100. Of course, it won't be any where near 140 most likely not more than 105-110.
I think I got 160 something on an online IQ test and then noticed that somehow I managed 34 out of 30 right answers on one section. So yeah the online tests are a load of rubbish, if you're really bothered get a proper psychologist to do it, its quite interesting how much they can measure etc. But I don't think it proves anything.
Reply 48
BJack
I must respectfully disagree: TSR clearly attracts, on average, a more academic group of people than the general public. We might rightly expect this to result in a higher average IQ than 100. Of course, it won't be any where near 140 most likely not more than 105-110.

What does it matter? IQ doesn't mean anything, really (imo, of course).

I think there should be a test to measure amiability, decency, integrity, loyalty etcetera; those are the attributes that really count/matter in this life (though intelligence probably comes in handy, I wouldn't really know :wink:).

:smile:.
Lozzaa
I range from 160-197, but as people before me have stated; you can't be sure how accurate the tests really are.

People with IQ's one 150 can be usually found running major companies and teaching at top flight unis - unless you do, or have the ability to do either of these things, I'd take that test you took with a pillar of salt.
Reply 50
Adrian1707
That's just aweful. I got 125 :biggrin: But I wouldnt put to much faith in these free online IQ tests.

No, I don't think they're very reliable either... :p:
I usually get around 100, and I dont really care.
Reply 52
If that's an online test, it probs means you should be euthanised... 140 is about average :wink: :tongue:
Reply 53
Laith
I'm a member of MENSA, and my IQ was 158 on my entry test, far above a pass, and has since gone to ~165.

You're so cool !
Charlski
No, I don't think they're very reliable either... :p:

:redface:
It's better than average, but not exceptional.
Yeh, I beat him.

Literally.
Laith
I'm a member of MENSA, and my IQ was 158 on my entry test, far above a pass, and has since gone to ~165.

Given that Mensa doesn't use or indeed release your IQ score to you upon completing the test and entering Mensa, pusing a percentile system instead, I know that you're an exceedingly bad liar.
Ok..im feelign rather intellectually inferior..mine is 110...I was 15 at the time though
Laith

:woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending