The Student Room Group

i am thinking about crashing higher chemistry or int 2 biology

i did chemistry at standard grade (waiting on results) and the last time i did biology was in 2nd year but i think i want to be a doctor so should i do higher chemistry this year or int 2 biology this year and higher chemistry and higher biology in 6th year and also which subject is more enjoyable at higher/ int 2
If you want to do medicine, you NEED higher chemistry in 5th year. It's the only required subject. You then require two more science subjects at higher in 5th year, one from Biology, Human Biology, Physics and Maths.

Your best bet, if you really are aiming for medicine, is higher chemistry in 5th year then crash higher biology in 6th. Lots of people do that, medics included. Just make sure you get HIGHER CHEMISTRY IN 5TH YEAR, or your application won't even be considered due to falling short of subject requirements. Bear in mind that your application goes in only 2 or 3 months into 6th year- get chemistry sussed.
Reply 2
i haven't studied chemistry but i'm currently doing higher biology and i find it really interesting. There's alot to learn but if you're very determined then its possible to crash higher biology and do well. Most of it is new info rather than a lot of SG based knowledge. You can always drop down to int2 if you are struggling.
gemma1234
i haven't studied chemistry but i'm currently doing higher biology and i find it really interesting. There's alot to learn but if you're very determined then its possible to crash higher biology and do well. Most of it is new info rather than a lot of SG based knowledge. You can always drop down to int2 if you are struggling.

Bit late now :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending