The Student Room Group

Debating on getting my nose pierced?!?!

So I have a few questions about getting my nose pierced...

1. Will it hurt when they pierce it?

2. Will it get caught on my pillow? If so, will it rip out? Will it hurt if it does?

3. How will I take care of it?

4. Will it feel weird after it's pierced and for how long?

5. Will I get asked about it?

6. What to do if it gets caught on something.

I might have more questions but that's all for now
1. only hurts for literally a second as they’re sticking the needle through. honestly the ache afterwards is probably more irritating, its not painful but it’s there every time you knock it etc. if you’ve had an ear piercing before then i’d say its less painful than that

2. i doubt it’ll get caught on anything tbh, you’ll probably want to be more careful w your general nose area for the first couple nights but honestly it shouldn’t be a problem. depending on the type of stud they use (like whether it’s a L shaped one, labret etc) it might be more likely to come loose but honestly they’re super difficult to actually pull out from the outside

3. teaspoon of rock salt mixed w warm water, put it on a cotton pad or something and just bathe the piercing. you might get a lump on the piercing but that’s completely normal, if you do just keep bathing it and eventually it’ll go away. i found that i got them constantly for the first couple months so i ended up just dunking my whole nose into salt water for a couple days lmao but it would go away

4. oh 100%. as i said it’ll ache a little but it’s like a dull ache, you notice it’s there but it’s not debilitating. i think mine went away after a few days. i think after a couple days you’ll forget it’s there

5. depends, not a single person noticed i had mine done until i actively mentioned it lol. maybe if you switch to a ring then more likely so

6. as i said, i think it’s difficult to catch it on something, i never have but if you did and it fell out or whatever then just put it back as soon as possible and try your best to leave it alone. generally lumps will appear within the first few months when you do knock it, like i said, perfectly normal
Original post by Anonymous
1. only hurts for literally a second as they’re sticking the needle through. honestly the ache afterwards is probably more irritating, its not painful but it’s there every time you knock it etc. if you’ve had an ear piercing before then i’d say its less painful than that

2. i doubt it’ll get caught on anything tbh, you’ll probably want to be more careful w your general nose area for the first couple nights but honestly it shouldn’t be a problem. depending on the type of stud they use (like whether it’s a L shaped one, labret etc) it might be more likely to come loose but honestly they’re super difficult to actually pull out from the outside

3. teaspoon of rock salt mixed w warm water, put it on a cotton pad or something and just bathe the piercing. you might get a lump on the piercing but that’s completely normal, if you do just keep bathing it and eventually it’ll go away. i found that i got them constantly for the first couple months so i ended up just dunking my whole nose into salt water for a couple days lmao but it would go away

4. oh 100%. as i said it’ll ache a little but it’s like a dull ache, you notice it’s there but it’s not debilitating. i think mine went away after a few days. i think after a couple days you’ll forget it’s there

5. depends, not a single person noticed i had mine done until i actively mentioned it lol. maybe if you switch to a ring then more likely so

6. as i said, i think it’s difficult to catch it on something, i never have but if you did and it fell out or whatever then just put it back as soon as possible and try your best to leave it alone. generally lumps will appear within the first few months when you do knock it, like i said, perfectly normal

Thank you so much. Do you have any other advice for me?
Make sure there is no history of keloids in your family.
I know somebody who got an horrendous growth on their ear that can't be cut away as it can come back worse. All started from getting a piercing.
Original post by Just my opinion
Make sure there is no history of keloids in your family.
I know somebody who got an horrendous growth on their ear that can't be cut away as it can come back worse. All started from getting a piercing.

I'm positive I don't have that. I got my ears pierced last year and nothing happened but I will be sure to check again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending