The Student Room Group

I’m not balancing revision between my 3 A-levels, is this bad?

Hi, I’m doing business, chemistry and biology. I’m kind of stressing out because I’ve just realised I’m nearly 6 months into sixth form and I’ve probably done about 5 hours of business revision altogether whilst covering nearly all of biology and chemistry’s AS spec at home. Personally, for chem and biology I have to put a LOT more work to get near B’s but for business I revised the night before, with flashcards! (These don’t preferably work for me) and still got a B.

The main reason why I’m stressing out about business is that I didn’t do it for GCSE and I’m not the worst in the class but I’m not the best.

So overall I’m not sure whether it matters if my revision is balanced?
I had this problem when I was doing my a-levels, I struggled with history and RS as there was a lot more content so I focused a lot more on those two and left psychology until the night before because I was good at it and found it easier than my other subjects. However when it came to results day I found I did a lot better in RS and History, and actually did the worst in psychology and I think that's because I didn't revise nearly as hard as I did for the other two. So I'd say try and balance out your revision, but obviously put a little more effort into the subjects you struggle with. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending