The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Bsc Healthcare Science at Cardiff Met

Has anyone else applied for this course for 2020 and heard back? I had a telephone interview last week, due to current closures and was told I would hear the decision by now.

I also applied at the same uni for Bsc Biomedical sciences and have not heard anything back from them at all. Feeling impatient tbh.
Reply 1
Original post by GemmaM80
Has anyone else applied for this course for 2020 and heard back? I had a telephone interview last week, due to current closures and was told I would hear the decision by now.

I also applied at the same uni for Bsc Biomedical sciences and have not heard anything back from them at all. Feeling impatient tbh.

Hi. I have applied for foundation leading to health sciences, haven't heard anything from them. I am starting to worry, to be honest. How long did you wait for sending your application to having a phone interview? also, how long was the phone interview last? thanks
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi

I applied on 1/3/20 and received an email approx 2 weeks later on 18/3/20 offering me a telephone interview as campus was on lock down. I had that on the 25th and was asked 5 questions in a conversational type interview and told I would find out the following week (last week). After not hearing anything, I phoned the admissions team to be told UCAS have blocked offers going out on track due to current situation with A-Level cancellations.

I also applied for Biomedical science as have not heard anything. If you applied very recently, I would not worry as they will get round to updating UCAS as soon as they are given the go ahead. I'm not sure you will have an Interview for foundation year, but you would definitely need one to progress onto year 1.

Good luck and I hope you hear some news soon.
Reply 3
Thanks. I have read about the 2 weeks pause/hold for giving unconditional offers to students. Wonder when this will end so Uni's can start giving offers to us.
Reply 4
Hi

I applied on 1/3/20 and received an email approx 2 weeks later on 18/3/20 offering me a telephone interview as campus was on lock down. I had that on the 25th and was asked 5 questions in a conversational type interview and told I would find out the following week (last week). After not hearing anything, I phoned the admissions team to be told UCAS have blocked offers going out on track due to current situation with A-Level cancellations.

I also applied for Biomedical science as have not heard anything. If you applied very recently, I would not worry as they will get round to updating UCAS as soon as they are given the go ahead. I'm not sure you will have an Interview for foundation year, but you would definitely need one to progress onto year 1.

Good luck and I hope you hear some news soon.

Hi, wonder if you heard from them already?
Original post by KGB2020
Thanks. I have read about the 2 weeks pause/hold for giving unconditional offers to students. Wonder when this will end so Uni's can start giving offers to us.

20th of April
Reply 6
I received my offer yesterday.
Reply 7
Hi KGB2020. Well done, that is good news! I too received an offer on the 6/04/20 for Year 1 of the BSc Healthcare science degree. Just got to sort out NHS bursary etc, when nothing is open for weeks - typical!
Reply 8
Hi KGB2020. Well done, that is good news! I too received an offer on the 6/04/20 for Year 1 of the BSc Healthcare science degree. Just got to sort out NHS bursary etc, when nothing is open for weeks - typical!

Yay! congrats to you too! I'm going to apply for Healthcare science next year. I am so excited about this new adventure!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9

Original post by KGB2020
Yay! congrats to you too! I'm going to apply for Healthcare science next year. I am so excited about this new adventure!

Hi im applying for thus course 2021 and was just curious what your offers were and when you submitted your applications. I read on the website that early entries are encouraged which freaked me oit a bif because ive already missed that. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending