The Student Room Group

Any language students that are supposed to be going on their year abroads soon here?

Hey guys,

I'm currently in my second year studying Japanese and I'm supposed to be doing my year abroad this September. With the current situation I just don't see this happening (although I'm trying to remain optimistic).

My university hasn't said anything about it yet so I guess I'm just waiting to see what happens. If it does get cancelled I think I'm going to end up deferring (if I'm allowed) which is a massive shame but the YA is just too crucial to miss out on imo.

What are you guys thinking of doing?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by eggyeol
Hey guys,

I'm currently in my second year studying Japanese and I'm supposed to be doing my year abroad this September. With the current situation I just don't see this happening (although I'm trying to remain optimistic).

My university hasn't said anything about it yet so I guess I'm just waiting to see what happens. If it does get cancelled I think I'm going to end up deferring (if I'm allowed) which is a massive shame but the YA is just too crucial to miss out on imo.

What are you guys thinking of doing?

July-August time (when you'll be applying for visas) is quite a way off yet so I would try to stay optimistic if I were you! It really depends on the UK's travel advisories, but I'd agree deferring would be the best second option. Or if you're able to afford it, maybe work during your deferred year and do a semester of language school once things have calmed down?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending