The Student Room Group

Virgin media Broadband

ok to start of with I have been one year with them paying monthly 34 pound and now they are going to charge me 50 pound for for sake how am I going to pay 50 pound if I self need support.For the respect they must be understandable with our situation due COVID19 and that no body is working.I called them no body answers I even wrote to them a complain on the website they do not bother,from where Im I going to give afford 50 pound.Im speachless.HELP ME WHAT TO DO .
Reply 1
Original post by rere321
ok to start of with I have been one year with them paying monthly 34 pound and now they are going to charge me 50 pound for for sake how am I going to pay 50 pound if I self need support.For the respect they must be understandable with our situation due COVID19 and that no body is working.I called them no body answers I even wrote to them a complain on the website they do not bother,from where Im I going to give afford 50 pound.Im speachless.HELP ME WHAT TO DO .

They are awful and avoiding everyone I think. They keep rising the prices. I say quit paying, and then wait on them.
Reply 2
Original post by MKaur18
They are awful and avoiding everyone I think. They keep rising the prices. I say quit paying, and then wait on them.

what do you mean of quit paying
they are taking direct and if I dont pay it will be an overdraft which im going to be charged for so its like wasting more
Reply 3
Original post by rere321
what do you mean of quit paying
they are taking direct and if I dont pay it will be an overdraft which im going to be charged for so its like wasting more

They avoided you on purpose... It's your choice, pay it or don't. If you're struggling, then don't. You need to pay for basic necessities and prioritise what is important.
Original post by MKaur18

OP do not take this garbage advice, cancelling a payment without informing them can lead you into a world of ****. If you're not happy with your current provider speak to them or move to a different provider.
Phone up and end your contract then- often companies will try and get you to stay and offer a different price
You will have been on a contract and informed you are paying x per month for broadband and in the T and C's they will tell you when it finishes it automatically goes up to x on a y basis
Reply 6
Original post by AzureCeleste
Phone up and end your contract then- often companies will try and get you to stay and offer a different price
You will have been on a contract and informed you are paying x per month for broadband and in the T and C's they will tell you when it finishes it automatically goes up to x on a y basis

I did call them many times this is my point they do not answer also I did complain on their website
Reply 7
Original post by RoyalSheepy
OP do not take this garbage advice, cancelling a payment without informing them can lead you into a world of ****. If you're not happy with your current provider speak to them or move to a different provider.

Their line is closed due to covid19
Reply 8
Original post by MKaur18
They avoided you on purpose... It's your choice, pay it or don't. If you're struggling, then don't. You need to pay for basic necessities and prioritise what is important.

I do not want to cancel as there will be exams that I will take online etc
Original post by rere321
I did call them many times this is my point they do not answer also I did complain on their website

Call them and stay on the line. You eventually get through. It can take a while but you do get through
Original post by rere321

Closed or very busy?
Reply 11
Original post by rere321
I do not want to cancel as there will be exams that I will take online etc

You don't actually have to cancel. You phone up and ask to cancel. They will then suddenly be able to offer you a better deal. It might not be as good as the initial deal but it will be much better. This is a common theme with ISP, and they are one of the few industries that still get away with crap like this.
Original post by Talon
You don't actually have to cancel. You phone up and ask to cancel. They will then suddenly be able to offer you a better deal. It might not be as good as the initial deal but it will be much better. This is a common theme with ISP, and they are one of the few industries that still get away with crap like this.

They're not picking up. Try calling, and you'll be on hold for hours.

Original post by RoyalSheepy

Made get onto the phone with them, and stay on hold for 2 and a half hours, then tell me I'm chatting garbage. If he is in a financially unstable situation, then he will need to do what he can to make ends meet.
Original post by rere321

If you are still in a contract do not just stop paying the direct debit, that will just screw up your credit score.

Call them up or send an email outlining the issue, if you do get through to someone just keep saying you want to cancel since the price is not affordable. Confirm you are cancelling, you still have a period of time to change your mind before actually leaving.
In this period you will receive a phone call from them attempting to keep you as a customer. In the case they still can't give you the price you want, you can look at moving to alternative providers. Use a service like Uswitch, saves you money and effort.

I have worked in sales and managed to get Virgin 100 with an extra router with cashback for what works out to be under £30/month. I will be doing this same process in a couple of months using one of my housemates as the new policy holder instead, as NewCustomer deals tend to be considerably cheaper, so if there is someone else able to take it out in their name instead, that's worth a shot.

Hope this helps.
Original post by MKaur18
Made get onto the phone with them, and stay on hold for 2 and a half hours, then tell me I'm chatting garbage. If he is in a financially unstable situation, then he will need to do what he can to make ends meet.

And what? Learn to have some patience. You can do something whilst you wait in the queue.

Their credit reputation may be affected and they also may be risking baliffs giving him a visit in the future by listening to your absolute garbage advice. Keep it to yourself.

You're well known in the Cars and motoring forum for your absurd advice.

@IWMTom

Original post by rere321

OP, what is the reason your payment to them is going up? Are you at the end of your contract with your Virgin Media broadband now?
Reply 15
Original post by rere321

Original post by MKaur18
They're not picking up. Try calling, and you'll be on hold for hours.

I tried calling them around 5pm about 10 days ago. A automated voice said due to covid 19 the wait could be over an hour. At 10 minutes I decided to put the phone down....

I called them next day at 8am, got put straight through [no waiting at all]

/nuff said

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending