The Student Room Group

Wifi

I’m my accommodation for uni, will there be Wi-Fi?

If not, what is the best solution?

Original post by tollarchet

Hi @tollarchet

Most student halls have WIFI, but if you're unsure about your accommodation I would suggest checking the website first, and if no luck you could call the reception team to check.

Hope this helps,
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Hey there @tollarchet !
It will usually say in the listing whether it comes with wifi included in your bills and what the average speed is. If it doesn't come with wifi included, have a look on UNIDAYS or StudentBeans for broadband student deals to see what you can get cheaper. You can usually look for broadband providers by looking one up and putting your postcode of your accommodation in to see what the speeds are like in that area and what the price is like reflecting this. If it's a student halls you're moving into and wifi doesn't come included, then they might offer an extra cost on top of their rent to get a certain wifi. For example, most student accommodations in Sheffield are with Ask4Wireless and that means you have to register each device you want to be connected to the wifi. If Ask4 isn't included in your bills package then your accommodation might say 'Our router is Ask4' and then you have to set up your own subscription with them which is fairly easy to do. Most of the time the wifi is included in your student accommodation bills package.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Hi there,
In most cases I've heard of, there will be WiFi in your accommodation. It usually states on the listing on the accommodation's website if WiFi is included and whether or not it is included in your bills.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Hi there:smile:

Current Cardiff Uni student here!

Yes, there is WiFi across campus and I'm first year accomodation. In private accommodation, if you have bills included then it's worth double checking that includes WiFi. If bills are not included then you'll have to find a provider yourself.

Hope this helps:smile:

Jaz - Cardiff Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending