The Student Room Group

STP after PTP

After completing a Healthcare Science BSc (PTP), in order to become a biomedical scientist do you apply to the STP? Also could someone please
explain to me what being on the STP is like?
Reply 1
Found the answer now.
Original post by Hannah35073
Found the answer now.

Care to share with us? thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Andremasil
Care to share with us? thanks

Yes of course. I asked a similar question on this website and as far as I am aware after completing the PTP you do not need to complete the STP to become a biomedical scientist and you will be able to apply for a biomedical scientist job after you graduate. This is because the PTP is a course designed by the NHS specifically for those wanting to become a biomedical scientist. I think the STP comes in when you complete a life science degree and want to become a biomedical scientist.

I am not a biomedical scientist so I am only going on what I've read online. I hope this helps though.
Yes of course. I asked a similar question on this website and as far as I am aware after completing the PTP you do not need to complete the STP to become a biomedical scientist and you will be able to apply for a biomedical scientist job after you graduate. This is because the PTP is a course designed by the NHS specifically for those wanting to become a biomedical scientist. I think the STP comes in when you complete a life science degree and want to become a biomedical scientist.

I am not a biomedical scientist so I am only going on what I've read online. I hope this helps though.

Thank you. :smile:
Reply 5

Isn’t life science part of the healthcare science course (PTP)? From what I understand the STP is for BMS wanting to progress into a clinical scientist position

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending