The Student Room Group

Microbiology and Immunology Integrated Masters at keele

okay so i want to apply for this course at keele because it has integrated masters what my dilemma is if I do the masters in immunology will I be able to gain those band 6/7 paychecks**? or would I need to do a biomedical science degree THEN do the masters to get employed in band 6/7?
**https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/clinical-scientist-immunology
Original post by sanaig
okay so i want to apply for this course at keele because it has integrated masters what my dilemma is if I do the masters in immunology will I be able to gain those band 6/7 paychecks**? or would I need to do a biomedical science degree THEN do the masters to get employed in band 6/7?
**https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/clinical-scientist-immunology

You would need to apply to the STP first anyway to become a clinical scientist (which is very competitive) and as stated on their page you start as a band 6.

Note the STP is very competitive so don't assume it's a given you'll get into the STP after completing this (or any) degree.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
You would need to apply to the STP first anyway to become a clinical scientist (which is very competitive) and as stated on their page you start as a band 6.

Note the STP is very competitive so don't assume it's a given you'll get into the STP after completing this (or any) degree.

Thanks for the reply !! i googled a bit about STPs and the NHS website said that you would need a 1st or a 2:1 if do get those grades (?) would it still be competitive tbh what I'm trying to ask is in what is it competitive and how can i stand out
Original post by sanaig
Thanks for the reply !! i googled a bit about STPs and the NHS website said that you would need a 1st or a 2:1 if do get those grades (?) would it still be competitive tbh what I'm trying to ask is in what is it competitive and how can i stand out

From what I've heard it's very competitive.

I imagine work experience and preparing for any assessment centre type activities would be important as well as doing well in your degree. Same as any graduate job really I suppose...
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
From what I've heard it's very competitive.

I imagine work experience and preparing for any assessment centre type activities would be important as well as doing well in your degree. Same as any graduate job really I suppose...

alrighttt thank you for your replyyy really appreciate it 😸

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending