The Student Room Group

Official 2005 interview reaction thread

I hope I can make it official, anyhow! I know my interview is just around the corner, less than a week now! But of course, hearing that some people are having them tomorrow and whatho though I would helpfully traumatize them some more by prompting them to discuss the interview and how they think they did. So just play this one freestyle, and good luck to all who will soon embark upon the insane-terview...

So how do YOU think you performed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i assume your's is on the 6th or 7th? mine is on the 8th.

i, embarassed to admit, just had a practise interview in my school, and i was a nervous wrack, i can't believe how badly i did *sigh* hence why im working extra hard now.

i fear the real thing, because i never get nervous about something that much until it actually happens.

good luck everyone (although i wouldn't mind if you all do crap either, more room for me LOL! :tongue: ...nah, for real, good luck to you all, we all need lots and lots of it, especially me.)
I had mine on monday for SPS at Downing. I think I did quite well. Gave some absolutely blinding answers and a couple of really :smile::smile::smile::smile: ones. Thing was that there was an absolutely ridiculous amount of applicants and some people coming out of the interview room were like "oh yeah they obviously loved me". I wasn't getting any of the lovey vibes. Oh well....all I can do is sit and wait for the rejection letter to arrive.
Reply 3
Fluffmonster
all I can do is sit and wait for the rejection letter to arrive.

Be positive. :biggrin:

Good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 4
Squishy
Be positive. :biggrin:

Good luck everyone! :smile:

WELCOME BACK SIMON!
Reply 5
visesh
WELCOME BACK SIMON!

Heya visesh. :smile: How's everything going in the States? Surely it's not all bad like your sig suggests...
Reply 6
Squishy
Heya visesh. :smile: How's everything going in the States? Surely it's not all bad like your sig suggests...

Sure he feels like that.

Visesh, a little bit of blue looks good on you. :wink:
Reply 7
Hee, it'll be Cambridge blue soon enough.
Reply 8
Squishy
Hee, it'll be Cambridge blue soon enough.

Which Cambridge blue is it? There's the 3rd week blue, which I had; the 5th week blue which almost everyone had; then there's the nth week blue where n is a natural number.
Reply 9
Camford
Which Cambridge blue is it? There's the 3rd week blue, which I had; the 5th week blue which almost everyone had; then there's the nth week blue where n is a natural number.

OK Shuai, can you prove by induction that depression occurs during every week of every Cambridge term? You may use the well-ordering principle.
Reply 10
Hi guys.

Anyone else got an interview for Theology + RS??
At Selwyn? or anywhere else?

Just wondering as am feeling really nervous :frown: and would like to know what you guys are doing/have done for preparation!! AHHH!!! ok. so i have actually done stuff! but, er, yeah. still insanely nervous!
Reply 11
josephina
Hi guys.

Anyone else got an interview for Theology + RS??
At Selwyn? or anywhere else?

Just wondering as am feeling really nervous :frown: and would like to know what you guys are doing/have done for preparation!! AHHH!!! ok. so i have actually done stuff! but, er, yeah. still insanely nervous!

Sadly, there's not much preparation you can do. But one thing to keep in mind is that under no circumstances should you talk :smile::smile::smile::smile:. If you do that, you'll definitely get rejected.
Reply 12
Squishy
OK Shuai, can you prove by induction that depression occurs during every week of every Cambridge term? You may use the well-ordering principle.

No I can't, because the set of happy weeks is non empty (for some portions of human race).
Reply 13
I thought two of our colleagues had Downing Maths ints yday, maybe they arent home yet!
Reply 14
RobbieC
I thought two of our colleagues had Downing Maths ints yday, maybe they arent home yet!

Indeed! :eek:

Katie and I both had two interviews this morning, the first one which was with two interviewers went umm, ok-ish :redface:...Basically got asked two questions, one on mechanics, which was ok, and the other on probability, which I struggled with :frown: . The second interview was waaaaaaaay better - again, mechanics and stats questions only :rolleyes:, but the interviewer seemed a lot friendlier and it went much better.
Reply 15
hey all, got my interview a week today! sps @ robinson. kinda nervous cos i've got no real idea what to expect, no-one from my school's bin to cam before! i'll be ok if they jus ask factual or subject-based questions but when they start askin "wat can u offer to cambridge" or "what skills and qualities can u bring to this college" then i'll b stuffed! I hate tryin to sell myself! i'll let u kno afterwards how it went. xxx
Reply 16
AbigailDav
hey all, got my interview a week today! sps @ robinson. kinda nervous cos i've got no real idea what to expect, no-one from my school's bin to cam before! i'll be ok if they jus ask factual or subject-based questions but when they start askin "wat can u offer to cambridge" or "what skills and qualities can u bring to this college" then i'll b stuffed! I hate tryin to sell myself! i'll let u kno afterwards how it went. xxx

I doubt they'll ask that kind of questions.
Reply 17
RobbieC

mmmmmmmm

it was alright but as james said, ALL APPLIED?!!!!!!!!!!!
<screams>
who knows...we'll just have to wait and see :frown:
Reply 18
k@tieH
mmmmmmmm

it was alright but as james said, ALL APPLIED?!!!!!!!!!!!
<screams>
who knows...we'll just have to wait and see :frown:
At least its over though??? Did they ease you in, or just make a mathematical attack on you. Lol
My interview for English is on the eighth,I was a nervous wreck anyway and now I've just split up with my long term boyfriend :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending