The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Merit for both English and History... pretty good I think as the History one was after 3 hrs of english lang exams and I was late for the English one lol!
Reply 21
French Distinction :biggrin: Delighted!! Makes up for my disastrous A-level results
Reply 22
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the AEA exams? And would they help me with getting into medical school? (i have AAA already)
Reply 23
Critical Thinking (yes, one of the few people in the country to do it, but I enjoy it) - Merit!
Qlick

RS - Distinction Top Ten!

Woah, like, am I pleased. :biggrin:

Wow, special congratulations :smile:

bean87
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the AEA exams? And would they help me with getting into medical school? (i have AAA already)

Advanced Extension Awards - usually take at the end of Year 13; shouldn't require any extra knowledge other than your A-level syllabus (yeah right - Bio AEA essays!?); 3 hour exam, etc. A lot of schools don't even know about them so I doubt whether it'd give you a huge advantage, but if you get a good grade in it, it may be a plus point for you.
Reply 25
Thanks! *beams*
Reply 26
Excalibur
Wow, special congratulations :smile:

Advanced Extension Awards - usually take at the end of Year 13; shouldn't require any extra knowledge other than your A-level syllabus (yeah right - Bio AEA essays!?); 3 hour exam, etc. A lot of schools don't even know about them so I doubt whether it'd give you a huge advantage, but if you get a good grade in it, it may be a plus point for you.

i wish i had taken it now. i assume you can only take it in jan/june?
Merit in Business :smile:
Very pleased, as 69% of people failed it last year.
Reply 28
gee_shakedown
History AEA - U :frown: haha

The fact you did one is achivement enough : )
Distinction in Physics! Get in!
Reply 30
bean87
i wish i had taken it now. i assume you can only take it in jan/june?

Only in June, but, it's finishing when the A* comes in to replace it. :smile:
Reply 31
merit physics 61/100
Merit in Physics (69/100)
Distinction in Chem (I was just told that I got it not the mark!)
Merit in Maths
Reply 34
Distinctions in English, History and Maths. Was not expecting that.
distinction for english,
merit for geography

yay!
distinction for english, a nice uplift to my not so great AS results
Reply 37
i got a merit in maths, for all the mathe aea people did you guys see your marks, because mine were not on the edexcel slip
Maths - Merit
Spanish - Distinction
Chemistry - school lost my paper in the end...

Good! :biggrin:
What's the latest date that you can get an AEA remarked? I'm not sure what my score was but if I was very close to a Merit I'd like it remarked. I'm currently on holiday you see.

Latest