The Student Room Group

when did u start revising for a levels?

when did you and what subjects and grades did u end up with?
Reply 1
if you remind me at the end of august i will answer this for you :smile:
Original post by sdosf
if you remind me at the end of august i will answer this for you :smile:

aw thanks! have you just done ur a levels????
doing mine rn... didn't start until about 5 weeks ago and am regretting it a little! so much to do so little time
Reply 4
When I was in year 13 I started properly and regularly revising fully after my university application and Year 13 mock exams were done, so from mid November onwards. I basically continued incorporating revision into my weekly routine and continued from my mock exams in November onwards. I achieved 3A* in French, Geography and Chemistry :smile:
Original post by apolaroidofus
doing mine rn... didn't start until about 5 weeks ago and am regretting it a little! so much to do so little time

I literally started revising in February but still I’m cramming the day before my exams lol
Original post by Ðeggs
When I was in year 13 I started properly and regularly revising fully after my university application and Year 13 mock exams were done, so from mid November onwards. I basically continued incorporating revision into my weekly routine and continued from my mock exams in November onwards. I achieved 3A* in French, Geography and Chemistry :smile:

Unbelievable discipline and it all paid off, well done!
Original post by Teribblestudent
I literally started revising in February but still I’m cramming the day before my exams lol

crammed all of further maths discrete yesterday but can happily say it wasn't as bad as it sounds after a good paper today... not so sure about a-level physics but what can you do!! (start revising earlier is the answer to this question)
Original post by apolaroidofus

what subjects do you take? it should be fine good luck :smile:
Original post by alevelstudent090

Last year when I did my A levels, I got very cocky early on, thinking I could get A*A*A (with the A in physics) + a merit in AEA maths at least with minimal effort and didn’t actually do much revision initially for any of my subjects.

Immediately after my first exam (physics paper 1), I realised my mistake and immediately crammed physics, whilst continuing to coast through maths and chemistry. Though I did start using TSR around that time and did begin to answer various A level questions in both chemistry and maths.

My results were as follows:

A level Chemistry: A*
A level Mathematics: A*
A level Physics: A
AEA Mathematics: Distinction

The biggest takeaway from this is that complacency is bad. It’s very easy to overestimate your abilities when you are used to doing well on past papers with relatively little experience in actual exam conditions.
Reply 10
aw thanks! have you just done ur a levels????

almost finished - computer science paper 2 on monday and maths paper 3 on tuesday
Reply 11

Heya!

Typically many students begin their revision for A-level exams several months in advance :h: This allows for a more comprehensive and thorough review of the course material. Starting early gives you ample time to revise each topic, practice past papers, and seek clarification on any areas of difficulty. It's a good idea to revise regularly, start slowly and increase the amount as it gets closer to the exam dates! If it helps, Study mind has lots of free resources!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study MInd
what subjects do you take? it should be fine good luck :smile:

maths, fm, physics and chem!
Reply 13
Just finished my last exam today! I missed GCSEs because of the pandemic so was really lax until February when I realised I’d done no revision. From February to end of May I spent making all my flashcards, then I had 2 weeks to revise for my exams. I did leave it too late tbh I had to do 12 hour days 😅 so I would start a little sooner, but the most important thing is to make your revision materials because there’s no point memorising content in September because you’ll just forget it by May

Predicted 3 A*s in Politics, Spanish and History. My exams went well but will see in August!
Reply 14
Original post by Ðeggs

When you say revising, do you mean making revision resources during that time or did you do this before November? Congrats on your amazing grades!

Quick Reply

Latest