The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL MA CSM Biodesign, MA LCF Fashion Futures advice

Hello,
I am planning to apply MA CSM Biodesign and MA LCF Fashion Futures advice.
They are famous for fashion and art, but are they also well know for these courses?
Are they highly competitive?

I'd like to talk with students from these course, but it's not easy to find students in these courses..
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello,
I am planning to apply MA CSM Biodesign and MA LCF Fashion Futures advice.
They are famous for fashion and art, but are they also well know for these courses?
Are they highly competitive?

I'd like to talk with students from these course, but it's not easy to find students in these courses..

Hi,

It's wonderful that you're interested in fields like Biodesign and Fashion Futures that have a focus on research and discussion about what the future of the fashion industry could hold for us.

I am currently studying the MA Fashion Futures at LCF and can share my experience so far.

My background is in fashion product development and I knew I wanted to stay in the fashion industry while building a niche for myself. I am also interested in academia which made the option of studying an MA intriguing.

Before applying for the course I looked at the projects that came out of this course, spoke to alumni and compared it to other courses that had an overall focus on sustainability and alternate practices for the fashion industry.

What I personally liked about Fashion Futures was the variety of interdisciplinary themes and fields that the projects focussed on. The approach to sustainability within this course seemed very holistic and open. I knew I would need this freedom in whatever I studied as I had no set ideas of what field I would develop my practice in. I had some confidence that no matter what I would be able to combine my background in product development with the new skills that I learned on the course and bring something new to the table.

Throughout the course (I'm in my last month now), the curriculum pushed me to explore so many themes, skills, and formats - that overall I had a clear understanding of what interests me and what doesn't. The course gives you enough space for trials and errors; to be able to eventually figure out what your niche is.

We explored the technological side of fashion, speculation and future studies, sustainability in terms of current fashion systems and alternate systems thinking and so much more. The tutors are all brilliant, kind, knowledgeable, supportive and experienced. They try and understand you as a person and guide you through your journey.

Well, this is my experience of MA Fashion Futures.

As far as the MA Biodesign at CSM is concerned, I have been to their showcases and spoken to multiple students on the course. The projects that I have seen are brilliant and the research is cutting-edge. I would recommend looking at the course graduates on platforms like LinkedIn and seeing the current graduate showcase to get a deeper insight.
Graduate Showcase

I believe it all narrows down to what your aim is with studying a post-graduate course and which course seems to be the best fit.

I hope this helps. Please do reach out with any more questions that you might have. I would be happy to help.

Best,
Tejaswini
UAL Student Ambassador.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending