The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Draconis
I had a couple of questions about AEAs.

1: When applying to university, if you've already done AEAs, do you have to put it on the UCAS form if you got a U?

2: Do you put just M/D or do you have to put the percentage as well?

3: Is it possible to do an AEA in maths after having done AS and A2 in one year?

Thanks. :smile:

1) I'm not sure about this, but I don't think you put fail grades on the UCAS form so you may not have to put it down.

2) Merit or Distinction only I'd say, as a lot of people don't know what their percentage is.

3) Yes; it requires only A-level Maths knowledge (technically).
1. Yes you have to state ALL the grades you got.
2. Just Merit or Distiction, but some people put their percentages - so bascially it's up to you.
3. Yes, an AEA in maths just tests your ability on A-Level Maths, but in a more advanced way.
Reply 3
im so academic
1. Yes you have to state ALL the grades you got.

Do you have a source for this? :smile:
You do if your school is certificating your grades. You don't if they are not.
I got this information from my exams officer AND from UCAS customer help line
Reply 5
Reply 6
Reply 7
Draconis
I had a couple of questions about AEAs.

1: When applying to university, if you've already done AEAs, do you have to put it on the UCAS form if you got a U?

2: Do you put just M/D or do you have to put the percentage as well?

3: Is it possible to do an AEA in maths after having done AS and A2 in one year?

1) My teachers + exams officer + UCAS told me that you do. See discussion here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=14809076

With regards to the certification thing, a U in the AEA will NOT get certified under any circumstances, regardless of your school's "policy".

2) I put "Dist" because "Distinction" doesn't fit and UCAS told me that's fine. "Merit" would fix in the box so put that. Your maths AEA results slip will not give you a mark anyway (you'd have to ask your teachers).

3) Yes as long as you've covered C1 - C4.

Latest