The Student Room Group

Please could someone give me some advice

I'm currently looking at clearing unis atm; for Architecture

i got AABC, but didnt get my firm/insurance, pestered them by phoning but they couldnt do anything:frown:

i dont know if its worth takin a gap year - experience in architects office and part time work; then reapply for a better uni, also retaking my C (physics);
are my results good enough if i reapplied to someone iwanted to, rather than clearing; im not sure :frown:

i had a look at westminster; st martins, greenwich atm, and im going to visit greenwich tomorow.

Please could anyone give me advice? (sorry if i wrote long paragraph)
thx ,would be greatly appreciated
Reply 1
All i can suggest is that you take your time when deciding (although i know you dont have that long) and make sure you do what you feel is right. It's a tough decision but if you are committed then either could be successful.

Good luck :smile:
Yes I agree, don't rush into taking a place because you feel you ought to go to Uni this year. You have all the time to decide and reapply if you want to.
Only go somewhere if it feels completely right for you and you think you will like the course too.
Have a look at what grades are expected from other unis. There may be some you already have to grades for but are full this year so aren't in clearing. See if you can find some people who are doing Architecture to find out how valuable work experience is.
Reply 4
I think you'd be better off reapplying rather than going to Greenwich, etc. with AABC... Take a gap year, get some work experience as you said, and you'll probably get a very good uni with AAB:biggrin:
AABC are good grades, what was your offer? did they specify subjects or something because you should be able to get into most places with that!
Reply 6
dentalstudentGKT
AABC are good grades, what was your offer? did they specify subjects or something because you should be able to get into most places with that!

Hey, my offer was three A's, at Sheffield. Thanks, i hope it works out:frown:
eimi
Hey, my offer was three A's, at Sheffield. Thanks, i hope it works out:frown:

oh thats unfortunate :frown: did your fourth a-level have no bearing when you pleaded with them??!
Reply 8
What was your insurance? AAA too?
Reply 9
thegluups
I think you'd be better off reapplying rather than going to Greenwich, etc. with AABC... Take a gap year, get some work experience as you said, and you'll probably get a very good uni with AAB:biggrin:

Thanks;
I had a think about that too;
Westminister and Greenwich can offer me a place, but I'm reading stuff up on it now; and negative comments :frown:
The work exp bit; for architecture theres a gap year after first 3 years; then we go onto find a place for part II; im not sure if i should just jump in and find a good uni then :frown:
Reply 10
sharp910sh
What was your insurance? AAA too?

Insurance was AAB, but they wouldnt accept the B in Chinese, i phoned up, they said they were reconsidering (Newcastle); but in the end they said no
Reply 11
dentalstudentGKT
oh thats unfortunate :frown: did your fourth a-level have no bearing when you pleaded with them??!

No :frown:; they had no more places, and I think most unis won't accept Chinese A-Level
Reply 12
dentalstudentGKT

AAA; Sheffield didnt specify,

My course is extremely popular and those wanting places at good unis; usually are picked from the interview perfomance i nthe end and i Think i just didnt do so well :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending