The Student Room Group

Zoom call work experience

Hey all

Can anyone please tell me the best methods, tips and advice to prepare for a zoom meeting to take place for paralegal work experience for example the questions to be asked etc.

Not sure why you've tagged me as I can't offer any specific advice. General advice probably stands; be prepared to answer why you want to work THERE and in THAT ROLE, have STAR responses prepared for examples of e.g. going above and beyond, dealing with difficult situation, making a mistake etc.

For the Zoom side make sure you have somewhere quiet to join on a reliable Internet connection without anything distracting in the background. Make sure you're "in position" well before the meeting starts as well- my mum once had an interview where she was in the waiting room and transporting her laptop from the living room to a quiet room upstairs and they launched it as she was walking so she ended up having to do the whole thing standing in the hallway awkwardly balancing her laptop on her arm!
Original post by artful_lounger
Not sure why you've tagged me as I can't offer any specific advice. General advice probably stands; be prepared to answer why you want to work THERE and in THAT ROLE, have STAR responses prepared for examples of e.g. going above and beyond, dealing with difficult situation, making a mistake etc.

For the Zoom side make sure you have somewhere quiet to join on a reliable Internet connection without anything distracting in the background. Make sure you're "in position" well before the meeting starts as well- my mum once had an interview where she was in the waiting room and transporting her laptop from the living room to a quiet room upstairs and they launched it as she was walking so she ended up having to do the whole thing standing in the hallway awkwardly balancing her laptop on her arm!

Anyone you know particularly maybe able to help with some advice?
Original post by Mohammed_80
Anyone you know particularly maybe able to help with some advice?

Not offhand, this is the right forum for it so hopefully someone will come along and have some advice to give more specific to the role/setting :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by username5955039
Hey all

Can anyone please tell me the best methods, tips and advice to prepare for a zoom meeting to take place for paralegal work experience for example the questions to be asked etc.

Hey!

You might come across questions on your interest in the role and your interest to work for that firm. Depenging on the length/type of interview you might be asked questions on your competencies so I would recommend to practise a bit in front of your friends or family so that words come easier to you. It might also be the case that you have situational judgement questions so that graduate recruitment sees how you are going to behave in certain scenarios.

There are other online sources that could help you. I remember that Commercial Law Academy had a good course on preparing for interviews, which includes advice from a former MC graduate recruiter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending