The Student Room Group

Any way I can record audio to text?

I want the audio coming from my computer (online lecture) to convert into text (not by phone, but by the computer itself). Is there any possible way of doing this? I've tried many, but they all just record your voice and convert to text or you upload an audio file.
I've never heard of a way of doing it based on the computer audio directly, not to say it doesn't exist. One way would be to have your audio coming form one device (pc or phone etc), and a 3.5mm lead going into the other device that listens as if it was listening to your voice speaking using a microphone. Would be a bit messy but would potentially work without any real investment.

Alternatively there are programs that allow you to create 'virtual' audio cables that can re route the audio coming out of the video viewing program (Chrome, Firefox etc.) and direct it to as if it was an incoming audio steam from a microphone, but I've never used it so can't recommend it as an option.

Otherwise as you've already identified it's probably a two step process or recording the audio and then uploading it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
If you have an iPhone, on the keyboard if you press on the microphone it will convert the audio into text, that's the only way I know of. sorry :/
update: if you have a Mac, press the 'fn' key twice. and it will enable dictation, whatever you say gets written into text :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending