The Student Room Group

Bundesliga

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 10th successive Bundesliga title.
Despite humiliating exits in both the cup and Champions League, your dominance of the league continued to be uninterrupted. As you took the lead in matchday 5, you never looked back despite some challenges from Leverkusen in the first half of the season, and Dortmund in the second half. Scoring almost an average of three goals per game shows that your opponents are always humiliated in your presence. This shows your continued dominance in your country, which is hardly challenged given you have won so many in a row.

Congratulations once again. All the best of luck next season.
Bayern Munich poised for 10th title in a row but how many is too many?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/apr/21/bayern-munich-bundesliga-10-titles-in-a-row

Great piece by Jonathan Liew
Rubbish league becuase of the 50+1 rule

Every club is essentially a feeder to Bayern, all the players want to go to Bayern who always win everything because no single rich owner can have majority shareholding and therefore won’t invest any significant capital.

For all the melons that want that type of structure, go look at how rubbish that league is first.
Original post by Little pecker
Rubbish league becuase of the 50+1 rule

Every club is essentially a feeder to Bayern, all the players want to go to Bayern who always win everything because no single rich owner can have majority shareholding and therefore won’t invest any significant capital.

For all the melons that want that type of structure, go look at how rubbish that league is first.

Generally I agree with you, but a rich owner does not mean success automatically, see Hertha BSC and Lars Windhorst as investor. He spent 375 millions and the club is at the bottom of the table and stil at risk to relegate. The money is the one thing, people around a team with concepts in the long run the other one. And that is another issue in Bundesliga.

But it is true. The clubs in Bundesliga have not the financial power to compete on transfer market.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 64
@Kallisto

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 11th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 12th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 13th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 14th successive Bundesliga title.

Do you think this may happen?
Original post by 8013
@Kallisto

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 11th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 12th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 13th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 14th successive Bundesliga title.

Do you think this may happen?

Yes! you can add the years 2026-2030 and you still haven't list all the Bayern's success for the next years. I don't need to be a fortune teller to tell you that. Bayern needs to compete in their own league with teams which are really a match for - as in the Super League with all the other big money clubs.

Can you imagine that I experienced a fight for championship with four and six teams in a season the last four or three match days, two or three teams even at the very last one? and can you imagine how the Bundesliga feels like, if there are no serious competitors for Bayern? no teams with a plan, ambitions and money in the league. That is why it goes on as in every season. Same procedure!
Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 15th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 16th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 17th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 18th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 19th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 20th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 21st successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 22nd successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 23rd successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 24th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear FC Bayern Munich,

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 25th successive Bundesliga title.

@8013 I think it's genuinely safe to say that this could occur for an extremely long time.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by sufys
(...)

@8013 I think it's genuinely safe to say that this could occur for an extremely long time.

I am afraid that you are right. Generations of football fans and footballers in Bundesliga don't know another champion for a long time. Maybe I see another one in my life time. :lol:

That is really sad... :frown:
I remember Bolton playing Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup (now the Europa League). Those days feel like a century ago now.
Reply 69
@Kallisto
Werder has just beaten BAYERN! How do you feel about it?
Bayern's reign may be over soon...
Original post by 8013
@Kallisto
Werder has just beaten BAYERN! How do you feel about it?
Bayern's reign may be over soon...

I was very surprised and happy, but the season is still long. Werder still not saved and Bayern still able to win the league.
Reply 71
Bayern have such a financial advantage over the rest of the German league. In the 2023 Deloitte Money League, Bayern were 6th globally with approx. €650mil revenues. Dortmund the next German club in 13th with approx €350mil revenues. Eintracht Frankfurt the only other German club to make the top 30 with approx €210mil revenues.

Bayern not really in bad form either - they've only draw 2, lost 2 games this season from 17 games. Just that Bayer Leverkusen have been in incredible form with 15 wins and 3 draws. That won't be sustainable for them over the whole season.

Although we will all be supporting Bayer Leverkusen and Xabi Alonso!
Reply 72
Original post by username5445420
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 15th successive Bundesliga title.
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 16th successive Bundesliga title.
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 17th successive Bundesliga title.
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 18th successive Bundesliga title.
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 19th successive Bundesliga title.
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 20th successive Bundesliga title.
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 21st successive Bundesliga title.
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 22nd successive Bundesliga title.
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 23rd successive Bundesliga title.
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 24th successive Bundesliga title.
Dear FC Bayern Munich,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your 25th successive Bundesliga title.

Dear Bayer 04 Leverkusen,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your first ever Bundesliga title.

When do you think this will happen?
Original post by 8013
Dear Bayer 04 Leverkusen,
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your first ever Bundesliga title.
When do you think this will happen?

Only 8 league games left in Germany (as they play 34 games) and Bayer Leverkusen still have a 10 point lead. It does feel like a matter of time until they are crowned champions. Hopefully sooner rather than later! Maybe Bayern will drop some more points while they focus on the Champions League.
Original post by Zerforax
Only 8 league games left in Germany (as they play 34 games) and Bayer Leverkusen still have a 10 point lead. It does feel like a matter of time until they are crowned champions. Hopefully sooner rather than later! Maybe Bayern will drop some more points while they focus on the Champions League.

The calculation is easy: 10 points ahead, 24 ones are still possible to get. Currently Leverkusen needs just five victories in the last eight matches. I just believe in it when it is really done.
Original post by Kallisto
The calculation is easy: 10 points ahead, 24 ones are still possible to get. Currently Leverkusen needs just five victories in the last eight matches. I just believe in it when it is really done.

5 wins, 3 losses in 8 games
4 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss in 8 games

And that assumes Bayern Munich win all 8 of their remaining games.
Bundesliga is actually garbage lets be real
1) Bayern won 10 straight titles
2)Bayern hoover up all talent from rivals whether than be Lewandowski, Gotze, X.Alonso, Hummels and going back in time Piazarro.
3) More plastic clubs than other leagues in RB Leipzig, Hoffenheim, Leverkusen
4) Fan culture is choreographed af. Those jumping fans you see on tv are just trained to do that, nothing spontaneous about it
5) Massively skewed geographical location of clubs. 1 in East Germany, RB Leipzig and about 20 in the Ruhr Valley
6)Garbage football quality, pure farmers league.
@Kallisto the Leverkusen train keeps on going (were losing 1-0 in 87 minute but still managed to win 2-1) whereas Bayern Munich lose in Der Klassiker.

Now Bayer Leverkusen just need 3 wins from the last 7 games. And they're still unbeaten in the league.
@Kallisto the Leverkusen train keeps on going (were losing 1-0 in 87 minute but still managed to win 2-1) whereas Bayern Munich lose in Der Klassiker.
Now Bayer Leverkusen just need 3 wins from the last 7 games. And they're still unbeaten in the league.

13 points, I have just learnt it. That gives me a big smile. But my favorite team Werder Bremen is a big dissappointment for the last four weeks.

"Der Klassiker" is an absurd notion given there is precisely zero hitorical rivalry between Bayern/Dortmund nor any kind of geographical proximity. It would be like calling Liverpool vs City games "The Classic" in 10 years time because they had a few years competing once upon a time.

Quick Reply

Latest