The Student Room Group

Criminology/ sociology: what careers have people with these degrees gone in to

Obviously I’ve already googled what careers you can go into with these degrees but I want to know from people directly what careers they’ve gone in to using a criminology and/or sociology degree
I think maybe post in the postgraduate thing because people here most likely aren't working yet

I'm doing Sociology as well, and I've talked to professors and they've told me that I can literally go into anything, because most employers don't care about your degree subject
But common careers are social work, marketing, counselling, teaching, etc.

I also looked on LinkedIn, so I just searched for people who studied sociology to see what they ended up doing, and it's honestly so incredibly diverse
Original post by heyitsmika
I think maybe post in the postgraduate thing because people here most likely aren't working yet

I'm doing Sociology as well, and I've talked to professors and they've told me that I can literally go into anything, because most employers don't care about your degree subject
But common careers are social work, marketing, counselling, teaching, etc.

I also looked on LinkedIn, so I just searched for people who studied sociology to see what they ended up doing, and it's honestly so incredibly diverse

Thank you that’s really helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending