Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 1
they dont
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
They def don't!!! It would be crazy if they did!! Unless its a new thing this year!
lol, whatttt, who told u that
a. Why would they?
b. Why would you refuse?
Reply 5
my older sister got weighed and her height measured when she went to uni a few years ago. & Iwould refuse because its personal to me.
pink_goose
my older sister got weighed and her height measured when she went to uni a few years ago. & Iwould refuse because its personal to me.

Uh huh. And I can't look at you and think, "Yeah, about 5'5 and 9stone-ish?"

Not personal at all. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, they also make you undress in front of everyone in your class as a 'get to know you' activity. :biggrin:

Ok, I kid, I kid, lol!! :p:

Maybe she was weighed as part of a check up at the uni medical centre
Reply 8
There's also this thing called a fire drill where they drill a flaming hole into your scull /The simpsons :p:

Nope it never happened when I went down last year. And they'll be trying to hand out cards and info to a 1000+students over a couple of days, so there's no way it'll happen this year either :smile:

I was never weighed or anything when I joined the Uni medical centre
Reply 9
Hypermicrospace
Oh yeah, they also make you undress in front of everyone in your class as a 'get to know you' activity. :biggrin:

im up for that, wish i chose kent uni now
Reply 10
You mean.. you all didn't have to do that? :eek: pervy enroller i tell you :biggrin:

For foreign students they have to have a chest scan to screen for TB, but i've never heard of that before!
pink_goose
measure your height and weight when you get to Kent University? If so, can you refuse?

lol, don't be ridiculous. There's no need for that, if there was I'd surely refuse, it's unnecessary. It's a university not a medical clinic or gym.
Reply 12
Hev456
You mean.. you all didn't have to do that? :eek:

:teeth:

Ah pretending to be a university official was the best decision I made that opening weekend :woo:
Reply 13
It would be pretty pointless .. my weight from day of move in to end of first term will be atleast + 10 pounds anyway lol
I was a new student in 2005 and they took my height and weight when I registered @ med centre...why get so heated about it??? Of course you can refuse, but why bother?
makeshiftwings
I was a new student in 2005 and they took my height and weight when I registered @ med centre...why get so heated about it??? Of course you can refuse, but why bother?

Yep, same
Reply 16
That is not cool :|
You're not literally weighed and measured. :smile:

When you've arrived at Kent you can register with the Medical Centre online, and when you do this you are given the option of filling in a number of details about your medical history: weight/height, medications, chronic conditions and allergies and your family history. You don't have to mention anything you're not comfortable mentioning, it's just to help the Med Centre treat you more efficiently.

Latest

Trending

Trending