The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

No timetable after April?

Hi all,

I attend the Uni of Kent and am in first year doing a Geography degree.

I noticed that I have nothing on my timetable after the 5th April & spoken to other people who have the same thing.

Does this mean that Uni lectures are over by April and I only come in the summer for my exams and thats it?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Check out your uni almanac which will set out trimester dates including the Easter break.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 445675757575
Hi all,

I noticed that I have nothing on my timetable after the 5th April & spoken to other people who have the same thing.

Does this mean that Uni lectures are over by April and I only come in the summer for my exams and thats it?

Thanks.

Term dates are here: https://media.www.kent.ac.uk/se/38358/term-dates-2023-2024.pdf

Sping term finishes on 5th April.

Summer term runs from 6th May to 14th June.

You'll need to check whether teaching continues into the Summer term; or whether that's purely for revision sessions and exams. (Plus there might possibly be other things going on in that term too, including things you'll be expected to do between the end of exams and the end of term.)
Hi all,

Thanks.

Usually after the spring vacation students don't have formally timetabled activities and just deadlines and exams to work towards, although this can vary between courses and unis. It is also possible catch up lectures may be arranged in this period if for any reason sessions were not able to be run during the teaching term. Also as above sometimes lecturers might individually choose to run a revision lecture or two during this time (this typically has happened in my experience where a module taught in term 1 has an exam in the summer exam session).

Note though you are usually expected to still be available to attend the uni and engaged in your academic work during this time and the uni is within its rights to schedule activities during this time! So don't plan to go abroad on holiday or anything during the summer term, at least until your exams are all finished...
(edited 3 months ago)
Hi all,

Thanks.

Hi @445675757575 ,

I would recommend contacting your division for reassurance ([email protected]) or contacting your academic advisor.

As @artful_lounger mentioned, there may be some planned teaching events that happen in the summer term to help with exams so I would avoid booking any holidays during this time. The student union (Kent Union) also puts on events towards the end of the year so keep an eye out for those like the summer ball!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending